Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think some of you are drinking too much of SS koolaid.

I thought this was a forum to discuss the good and the bad, not a place to just pat each other on the back.

And it's almost comical to suggest criticism of this piece is without merit.

Your criticisms have been made, noted, and what now??. You bang the drum for all to listen about how your custome that cost twice as much(if not more) is better??? I am not picking a fight, but you have said your piece, why don't you go look at your custom with affection amped allow the guys here to enjoy the statue that they paid a lot for. It isn't like we don't know how you feel....... Kind of like me and the Superman Ex...:wink1:

Just because people don't like something doesn't mean they're "haters"...:slap Ppl can say whatever they want...yes there's rude ppl out there, but just ignore those ppl. What else can you do??

I don't like the over exaggerated muscularity on Hal...I think it's unnecessary, The delts, position of the left arm, and the pose are what bother me..That's my opinion.. But to those that love it..Congrats!:wave

Yes guys can say what hey want, but do they need to tare down somenes prize possession to make themselves ... "right" ... I had be of those fights ... It was stupid and just made for bruised feelings.

I am still getting the feeling that at one point they intended to put fabric on this one, and then backed out.... The muscles that are so defined would probably look awesome and a bit more muted under a layer of cloth.

Yes guys can say what hey want, but do they need to tare down somenes prize possession to make themselves ... "right" ... I had be of those fights ... It was stupid and just made for bruised feelings.

I am still getting the feeling that at one point they intended to put fabric on this one, and then backed out.... The muscles that are so defined would probably look awesome and a bit more muted under a layer of cloth.

Would love to have seen that! Fabric would have been sweet...I think it looks Great on Batman, and Superman.

Would love to have seen that! Fabric would have been sweet...I think it looks Great on Batman, and Superman.

The fabric on the newer PF's coming seem to be more form fitting and thinner material than that of old. Could have turned out pretty good I suppose. Not sold on the pose so I will wait to see if something comes out 10 years from now. But I will tell you everything else looks spot on, likeness, fully sculpted, lights, color pallet.

The fabric on the newer PF's coming seem to be more form fitting and thinner material than that of old. Could have turned out pretty good I suppose. Not sold on the pose so I will wait to see if something comes out 10 years from now. But I will tell you everything else looks spot on, likeness, fully sculpted, lights, color pallet.

So if the pose would've been more to your liking and one of the other factors was off i.e. color was off would you haves gotten it? Just courious to see your process. :monkey3

Your criticisms have been made, noted, and what now??. You bang the drum for all to listen about how your custome that cost twice as much(if not more) is better??? I am not picking a fight, but you have said your piece, why don't you go look at your custom with affection amped allow the guys here to enjoy the statue that they paid a lot for. It isn't like we don't know how you feel....... Kind of like me and the Superman Ex...:wink1:

My recent remarks were about the likelihood of SS making another GL statue.

I think some folks (not you) take this stuff a bit too seriously.

And, I encourage anyone that upset about my comments to put me on "ignore".

So if the pose would've been more to your liking and one of the other factors was off i.e. color was off would you haves gotten it? Just courious to see your process. :monkey3

Very much so. The pose is very important to me. Color is a more distant preference if I MUST rank.:lol

I will say this, I have the Cap TFA and no picture, even in hand photos can do the piece justice. It is one that must be seen in hand so that said, This MAY be one of those pieces... only owners can convey those feelings.

You're one of the haters that owns the custom. Would you like it if I went on and on about how I think the custom looks like absolute trash?

I haven't mentioned the custom in this thread since May 10.

I wouldn't be too concerned about what anyone says about a statue I own. There are far more important things in this world to be upset about.

I understand where BurningRage is coming from. It's cool when someone says they don't like something but it's when they keep going on about it. There's plenty of statues I don't particularly like but I just leave them threads alone & leave the ones who enjoy them to talk about it.

I understand where BurningRage is coming from. It's cool when someone says they don't like something but it's when they keep going on about it. There's plenty of statues I don't particularly like but I just leave them threads alone & leave the ones who enjoy them to talk about it.

Yep... That was me with the Superman Ex... I know I am in the minority by liking it, but when guys just went in and on about hating it... IT was a major drag considering it was my FIRST EX order and my FIRST ORDER DIRECTLY for SSC

I think the light up feature looks great. Wish I could have ordered it myself but can't get them all. Maybe down the line. I am hoping Sinestro looks great when he is revealed I am tempted to order him.

I am really glad to see all the people who ordered this one being so happy with it and from what I can tell there seems to be very little in the way or QC issues.

Really digging this guy from the in hand pics. The hardlight fist makes getting the EX a must... At least for me. Why are the batman & superman EX not nearly as cool?? A baterang that is barely noticeable & portrait with red spaghetti coming off supes eyes? Maybe that's a bit harsh, but you get the idea ;)

I can't stop looking at this one. It turned out so much better than I thought.

Honestly I would have been happy with a reg. Even the reg hand with the ring light up is bad ***.

1) Overall great statue
2) The fist almost look like lit up under cabinet light (see photo) even though it's not turned on. EX is an absolutely must on this statue, looks epic.
3) Not too happy with the paint on this statue, it's the worst of the dc release. I had to touch up 5-6 spots on the face where there was green paint in the white eye socket, face paint on the hair, etc..
4) What's left: wonder woman, batman, superman, harlequin, cat woman(maybe)

greenlantern1.jpg

greenlantern2.jpg

Back