Green Lantern Life-Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I'd buy it, but I entered to win it...I'd be happy with a free one :)

Same.

I think it looks pretty good for what it is though. I am just not interested in busts.

Atheris you made me spit out a mint reading your reply! :lol

Really disappointed with it so far. That smile/smirk looks strange...

Really hope more pics will change my mind. I need a lifesize GL bust to go with the others.

You mean Gil Kane. Broome was a writer. :) And it's not just you - last night I said I thought it was a great Silver Age GL bust on the other forum.

Really, if you want true 'iconicity' you can't go wrong with Kane, who co-created the modern-day character and drew it through the 60's.

DOH. Yea, thanks for the fix. I was just flipping thru my Omnibus last night and had Broome on the Brain

Probably gonna order this but it needs a reworking from that pic. It's a bit Alan Scott looking...

Looks just fine to me. Nice and classic. The only thing I'd change is to drop the sheen on the green.

He'll look nice along with my Batman and (eventual) Superman busts.

Now, bring on the Flash. And Martian Manhunter. And...

Like where's the white streak man?

jordangray.jpg

Is this some Neal Adams art? Looks like it came from the Green Lantern/Green Arrow team up books.

Looks like John Byrne to me.

You mean Gil Kane. Broome was a writer. :) And it's not just you - last night I said I thought it was a great Silver Age GL bust on the other forum.

Really, if you want true 'iconicity' you can't go wrong with Kane, who co-created the modern-day character and drew it through the 60's.

:goodpost::exactly: Well said. Seeing Kane's influence in this bust is GREAT!

It also reminds me of Rags Morales' Hal Jordan.

titus_spot_062911_01.gif

Gonna order one for sure! DAMN YOU SSC! (there needs to be an "empty wallet" icon!)

I like it a bit better than the Batman bust, but not as much as the Superman bust.

As for GL not looking as heroic as Superman and Batman, the fact is, he's not as heroic as those two. Superman and Batman (and Wonder Woman) are the top of the pyramid. As good as Hal Jordan is, he's a step down from those three.

some of you here made me laught really ,a lot of people will buy it,ivee seen people buy ****ter things like rescue captain america,predator and alien ****s,some bust and maquetes that are for garbage, 2,500$ dollar prenium format dumb items that come better in 1/6 ...etc so ya many will buy it(sorry for my english)

:goodpost::exactly: Well said. Seeing Kane's influence in this bust is GREAT!

It also reminds me of Rags Morales' Hal Jordan.

titus_spot_062911_01.gif

Gonna order one for sure! DAMN YOU SSC! (there needs to be an "empty wallet" icon!)

I like it a bit better than the Batman bust, but not as much as the Superman bust.

As for GL not looking as heroic as Superman and Batman, the fact is, he's not as heroic as those two. Superman and Batman (and Wonder Woman) are the top of the pyramid. As good as Hal Jordan is, he's a step down from those three.

:goodpost:

Well.. I'm a massive GL fan so I'm probably gonna PO it anyhoo :monkey1 I have the 1:1 GL lantern power battery on the way so this would be pretty perfect with it (though a good $600 more than it too :lol) and it would be my first life size bust. I have the Iron Man MkVI bust but its legendary scale.

Back