Green Lantern---Blackest Night (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Green Lantern---Blackest Night

Blackest Night #1 was great----hope this goes somewhere awesome

Re: Green Lantern---Blackest Night

I liked both BN 1 and BN:TotC 1. This is definately going to be a great story!

And what does everyone think? Should be make this a spoiler thread? And by that I mean, once a book is released we can talk about it. I don't mean people spilling the beans early though.

Good enough for me. This is now a spoilers thread. I only ask that spoilers are not revealed until the comic which said spoiler happens. Everyone understand that?

So if character X dies in BN #3, please don't say that until BN #3 is released. So new spoilers just about every Wednesday.

Good enough for me. This is now a spoilers thread. I only ask that spoilers are not revealed until the comic which said spoiler happens. Everyone understand that?

So if character X dies in BN #3, please don't say that until BN #3 is released. So new spoilers just about every Wednesday.

Cool! :cool:

MASSIVE SPOILERS INCOMING!

Well, here's my 2 cents on BN #1. Fantastic! Exceptional artwork from Ivan Reis! The montage of deaths affecting Hal, John, and Kyle were very moving and then moving to other sites around the globe where heroes and villians were remembering those who have fallen just terrific. The nod to the Rogues celebrating their dead ("we've got enough beer here to get everybody bloody drunk!") was just great. Hal showing Barry all the heroes who have died while he was gone got me a bit misty. Just another beautiful two page spread from Reis. And then the proverbial ^^^^ hits the fan! The Black Lantern Guardian Scar taking a bite out of one of the Guardians of Oa and then ripping out his frigging heart! DAMN! And it gets worse with Kendra and Carter being taken out by Ralph and Sue Dibny! NO! DAMN! Johns does it again. He is THE writer for DC performing miracles week in and week out. Everybody agrees his work is top notch and everybody loves him for this. Can't wait to see him at SDCC. BN is off to a brilliant start, period.

With the Black Lanterns killing people and then turing them into fellow Black Lanterns, its going to be tough to beat them. And will those that got turned into Black Lanterns, go back to normal when this is over? (ie not be dead anymore?)

I don't know. The Lanterns would have to work with compatibility. Green and Blue work together, but neither work with Sinestro (yellow). Red and Orange might not like each other, but I think their ablilites would work well together. Or maybe just all 7 of them against the Black Lanterns? We still have no idea what is up with the Indigos.

Not only the corps, but probably every other super hero and villian will need to unite to beat them.

Or maybe they will just wipe out this universe and start over :lol

The Indigo Tribe is the key. There may be an alliance between the Corps but I doubt if it will go anywhere without the Indigo. Take a look at BN: Tales of Corps 1 too. Seems they can manipulate Yellow--fear as well.

Hey, its possible right? It would certainly make BN important if they did kill everyone off and have to start another universe. I mean, so far they've killed off Hawkman and Hawkgirl. Who knows who could be next!

what if Hal wears the red,yellow,orange,blue,indigo,green,and Saphire rings,and becomes the embodiment of the lantern corps.?

Hey, its possible right? It would certainly make BN important if they did kill everyone off and have to start another universe. I mean, so far they've killed off Hawkman and Hawkgirl. Who knows who could be next!

You're right, it is possible...it happened in the Crisis on Infinite Earths bac in the 80's.

I was shocked to see Hawkman & Hawkgirl killed then turned.

what if Hal wears the red,yellow,orange,blue,indigo,green,and Saphire rings,and becomes the embodiment of the lantern corps.?

Are you saying what if Hal became the embodiment of all the Corps or just the GL Corps?

Hal has worn multiple rings...hmmmmm

Back