Premium Format Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, this thread seems dead, as I had to dig it up way back from page 5. Unbelievable. What is the feeling of collectors regarding this? Have many ordered? Are people planning to order in the future? Are peeps waiting for ed. size info before ordering? Is price too outrageous to even consider? Are many waiting to see the other GG versions pending release from other companies?

Just curious, as GG has been requested & anticipated for years by so many collectors, but since initial release, barely a sound. Whats-up?

So, this thread seems dead, as I had to dig it up way back from page 5. Unbelievable. What is the feeling of collectors regarding this? Have many ordered? Are people planning to order in the future? Are peeps waiting for ed. size info before ordering? Is price too outrageous to even consider? Are many waiting to see the other GG versions pending release from other companies?

Just curious, as GG has been requested & anticipated for years by so many collectors, but since initial release, barely a sound. Whats-up?
Not happy with the price mostly. I'm letting my rp go up a bit more before ordering, right now my flex payments would be 8 for $32. Ordering in March.

Over here.

I'm in no rush. There is no exclusive and the dollar is terrible.

I am waiting to see others GG but the fact of the matter is even though this sideshow piece is expensive, it will be the cheapest out pf the bunch. The others would really have to blow this away. Already planning on about 8 XM Spidey villians so if I can save a few bucks on this one I will.

I love it and if I get no QC issues the price won't bother me one bit.

Over here.

Piece looks good, price not so much imo but since there is no ex I will wait until it officially comes out and try and find it for less than retail.

Still curious what the es will be..

I plan on picking this up but there's just no hurry. No EX feature, no set ES, and the high price point = the waiting game.

If prices hasn't risen so drastically I think I would have started a Spiderman display but at $5-600 each after shipping I'll spend my money elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked him up even though I'm not happy about the no exclusive/switch outs, especially for the price. HOWEVER, since I'm in the US $500+ is the cheapest Green Goblin I'll be able to get my hands on. XMs and IAs will probably push $1k once you factor in shipping, currency, and all those little extra sweet costs that come off the top. And I gotta be honest, I do like the SS sculpt otherwise I would of completely passed. I think it's a great piece, just very disappointed in the lack of exclusive and switch outs.

I also have the SS Spidey PF and Symbiote PF coming, and I really wanted a green goblin companion piece to scale perfectly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm also planning on picking him up when my reward points get thru.

I'm overall happy with how this looks. I think he's amazing, the detail and the paint. Hopefully it'll carry thru to the production piece.

I still dig the piece but usually to me an EXclusive version is just a cool extra I get for spending money directly with Sideshow however, at this price no EX means why rush to order direct? I might as well wait and see if I can get it cheaper. If they're going to charge more and give less as they did withbthis piece then I'm less inclined to drop my money even if it is a cool sculpt.

Yeah, after reading all recent posts, I'm in the same boat as most, especially being canadian. The buck is a bust, the GG is overpriced, & lacking an Ex is dumbfounding to say the least. So, as many, waiting for a better deal down the road. Still dig the sculpt big time, feeling it's the best rendition (even though other offerings have not yet been fully revealed). Still a real drag it had to come to this.

Since many are playing the waiting game card, do you think this will drastically effect Sideshows' edition size? Can they realistically, drastically reduce the edition size when the Spidey pf numbers over 5k? I mean GG was marketed as the companion piece to spidey, but if many are waiting it out, how will this effect SS edition number? And typically, when does Sideshow reveal the edition size for any given statue anyway? Seems overdue, no? If they reduce the ed. size, I have the feeling many will not risk missing out, & order, myself included. If so, this would piss off a lot of collectors who are saving up for both, but find that they are being painted in a corner. Has the smell of being a marketing nightmare for SS, as well as a pain in the arse for many collectors; & how will this effect future releases regarding rogues for Spidey PF line? Kinda sad my mind is spinning with so many questions, when this should have been a high point for both collectors & SS.

One more question. Regarding reward points, (which I have some), when is traditionally the next event in which SS typically gives away freebees? Yeah, sadly it's come to that. Thanks for all the input people.

Same as most, price, no Ex. feature, not really blown away but the biggest thing for me is the continued start and stop of the spidey lines. So tired of purchasing said lines and then after a couple releases they just up and quit. Just continue on and at least finish sinister 6 would be awesome, but noooooooooo can't do that...:dunno
I like XM and their product and they seem committed to seeing the line through, or at least releasing many of spideys villians with a constant or familiar theme, but again the price is a killer.

True. SS line just seem to die after a few character. Or put on a very long delay

Same here ...with the price and lack of an EX feature ...I'm making this piece a "wait and see". That way I can see what this looks like in hand before ordering it.

I'm not ordering this GG cause it doesn't have the classic feel that I'm looking for.
I believe IA's GG will be the one to go for if you want the classic portraits and costume.

Back