Green Goblin life size bust.. Link to buy in 1st post !!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: #3 in the Previous post...

I think it's the way the front of the cap is laying on the forehead. It looks like there's no angle, no sharp point. It should bow up over the eyes and arc with the eye orbits, then dip down to a sharp point between and above the eyes. Right now it's settling too far back on the head so it looks like just a nightcap.

It's not the Green Goblin to me...It's too demonic looking. Osborn wore a freakin' mask. When the hell did the mask become part of his face?

BB

Did everybody see this pic:

goblinhead.jpg

I have no problem with it looking like a distinct face, as long as it retains some mask-like qualities, such as the lenses for eyes.

It looks too much like an old crone. The chin is too long and pointed; the color green is less of a deep green and more of a wan, yellowish, sickly shade; and the cap sits too far back on the head so that it looks less like the Goblin headdress and more like pajama attire.

It does make sense goofs, try telling Andy Bergholtz it looks like crap and see how he reacts. Better yet, try and do better.

It's not crap but it could have been done better. These are my impressions:

Besides the "sick green" paint, the one thing I can critique is that instead of having a solid upper body frame the bust comes out looking like an old man more than a Goblin. Norman Osborn is not depicted as a skinny guy in comics as he is pretty fit under that outfit with all that goblin serum he takes. The way the neck in this bust comes out of the purple collar doesn't help the slim look. The way the face itself is too slim doesn't help either. This is the kind of stuff that these so-called creative directors on the youtube videos should be catching.

The face sculpt features (details!) are amazing though. Andy B has great talent and that can't be denied. I do feel that realism helps this piece as far as detail but hurts it on the paint job (yes, I watched the video). The yellow hues for highlights and the not-so-green green do a disservice to the bust. The idea with the removable cap is good. I give them props for that.

It is a different take on Green Goblin, but it is still him, and I think it looks awesome. Most complaining about this probably wouldn't buy it even if it was the GG they like.

It is a different take on Green Goblin...

They like to do "different takes" on a lot of stuff and those gambles rarely pay off.

Here is a clue: doing the X-Men in Jim Lee style seems to be working out pretty well. Pretty straight forward stuff, right? Tried and true classic. Now, let Ariel Olivetti give it a shot and it's 50/50 on how his stuff translates to sculpture. One could say that Venom is more awesome because of the Gore Group than Olivetti. You could easily have used Erik Larsen as a reference artist.

Picking the right source material and art direction of pieces is important. Sideshow just does what they want and hopefully people will buy it.

It is a different take on Green Goblin, but it is still him, and I think it looks awesome. Most complaining about this probably wouldn't buy it even if it was the GG they like.

You hit the nail right on the head with this comment. Those are usually the folks making the most noise about a particular piece.

They like to do "different takes" on a lot of stuff and those gambles rarely pay off.

Here is a clue: doing the X-Men in Jim Lee style seems to be working out pretty well. Pretty straight forward stuff, right? Tried and true classic. Now, let Ariel Olivetti give it a shot and it's 50/50 on how his stuff translates to sculpture. One could say that Venom is more awesome because of the Gore Group than Olivetti. You could easily have used Erik Larsen as a reference artist.

Picking the right source material and art direction of pieces is important. Sideshow just does what they want and hopefully people will buy it.

The funny thing is Sideshow has a plan and I'm pretty sure they are working their business plan as we speak. But whatever that plan maybe it seem to be working because they wouldn't have made this far without one.

You hit the nail right on the head with this comment. Those are usually the folks making the most noise about a particular piece.

The funny thing is Sideshow has a plan and I'm pretty sure they are working their business plan as we speak. But whatever that plan maybe it seem to be working because they wouldn't have made this far without one.

Very true on both accounts...I think a lot of the dislike for this piece is directly related to what I consider to be terrible photos of this great sculpt and all around 1:1. Initial impressions can make or break a piece for lots of people and I simply don't understand why they don't get someone who is able to capture this piece to the best of it's ability. I personally am not capable to exactly pin point why, but the difference between the pictures and the video are miles apart and as much as the photos turned me off the video reeled me back in. SSC you have the ability to make some fantastic pieces and I think you really should focus on properly showing off your stuff...I mean there are tons of people on this forum that could blow SSC's photo's away for any given statue. In short I think their 1:1 line is really coming together and personally I think this GG like most over pieces will look absolutely amazing in person...with bright green color scheme and sideflapped hat and all. :yess:

And that's great...but it doesn't justify releasing certain statues in certain styles that are too outside the box. They know what people want. There is plenty of feedback on many forums. Why not give it to them straight up? :dunno

Back