Green Goblin life size bust.. Link to buy in 1st post !!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Awesome pics! The canle light gives a whole other dimension, and really brings out the detail of the sculpt. I didn't realize how pose-able the end of his hat is. I really like the use of mixed media on the life-sze busts.
Thanks for posting those pics...yeah, I'm definately looking forward to my last flex now.
I'm going to PO the Red Skull Life-size bust real soon...my fave Marvel villian!

Wow! Awesome pics! The canle light gives a whole other dimension, and really brings out the detail of the sculpt. I didn't realize how pose-able the end of his hat is. I really like the use of mixed media on the life-sze busts.
Thanks for posting those pics...yeah, I'm definately looking forward to my last flex now.
I'm going to PO the Red Skull Life-size bust real soon...my fave Marvel villian!

Yeah, candle in the dark makes him look like some wicked goblin from Lord of the Rings. :orc:arwen:orthanc:balrog:eowyn :lol You can really see the lines in his face.

I was just thinking of ordering the Red skull too. :lol Really, I was just giving him a look over in pics and videos. He looks really cool too. I think it would look great in my collection with the Red of him and all. Very organic looking.

You will enjoy him I'm sure.

Great purchase to start of 2013
C493CB76-652D-420D-9031-90B47B704568-5331-000003D186D03700.jpg
B5D9CE51-37C3-424B-93CD-8AD6459E5B4D-5331-000003D18C964C7A.jpg
7E09C9DB-805F-4505-B988-55E6E1C4A83D-5331-000003D19515E7BD.jpg
DFC51799-7A4E-4D58-918B-D1E19CC13F3A-5331-000003CEC60232F2.jpg
C3145F33-E975-4B9D-97E9-A94A13F65058-5331-000003CEBD1D9671.jpg
AF1C53AF-38BA-47D7-9285-D4CFB96B4671-5331-000003CEAD456148.jpg

Nice pics, ecanes.

This one fits in quite well with the others. I'd impressed with how well it turned out.

I'd like to see Sideshow revisit Spider-Man, himself, next.

Nice pics, ecanes.

This one fits in quite well with the others. I'd impressed with how well it turned out.

I'd like to see Sideshow revisit Spider-Man, himself, next.

I'm sure they will produce a new spidey to blend in with the venom and carnage style. And yes this green goblin turned out great

Anyone gotten this as of late?
Thinking of picking it up but I'm worried about the eyes!
Some pieces seem to be just fine and others... not so much.
Is it that way in person also or could it be the camera and/or camera angle?

The eyes seem to be off on most, some busts are worse than others and how bad it looks changes from viewing angles - on mine anyway. I think if you like how it looks in ecanes09 last photo above that will be the general impression it makes on display.

To be honest it's dependent on two things the angle and the height you display him. It's a great bust in person
06A800FC-52C8-4F94-9942-18EB469B1A94-3455-0000023AD935D281_zpsa31913a3.jpg

To be honest it's dependent on two things the angle and the height you display him. It's a great bust in person
Would you consider your Green Goblin to have googlie-eyes?
I think it looks good in that picture you posted.

crazy googly eyes actually adds to the character...
In a way, yes.
But you wouldn't want it too crazy...

One would think that the painter would have a stencil to lay over the eye when painting it so they all would look the same and no googlie-eyes to be found anywhere...

Would you consider your Green Goblin to have googlie-eyes?
I think it looks good in that picture you posted.

In a way, yes.
But you wouldn't want it too crazy...

One would think that the painter would have a stencil to lay over the eye when painting it so they all would look the same and no googlie-eyes to be found anywhere...

I think it'a way off to the pics of the prototype and the bust at comic con. But I've been collecting for a while and know that your rarely get what you want or see in a prototype. In addition I've seen bust with worst eyes so I feel fortunate my bust isn't way too off. Plus the pupils aren't painted free hand they seem to be a type of decal that just was placed in the eye so it's off due to bad placement. And to the second point I do think the wacky eye adds to his crazy vibe so in a way it works so long the pupil isn't too off. But I think if you go back and forth from comparing the pics of the prototype and what you have at hand you will drive yourself crazy, just get it and if your not happy with the eyes send it back its a cool bust and looks great with all the other spiderman busts.
CA713B26-3520-4DFD-A3E5-4A55EFA6D4A7-3801-0000026380842101_zps2419e2c8.jpg

I think it'a way off to the pics of the prototype and the bust at comic con. But I've been collecting for a while and know that your rarely get what you want or see in a prototype. In addition I've seen bust with worst eyes so I feel fortunate my bust isn't way too off. Plus the pupils aren't painted free hand they seem to be a type of decal that just was placed in the eye so it's off due to bad placement. And to the second point I do think the wacky eye adds to his crazy vibe so in a way it works so long the pupil isn't too off. But I think if you go back and forth from comparing the pics of the prototype and what you have at hand you will drive yourself crazy, just get it and if your not happy with the eyes send it back its a cool bust and looks great with all the other spiderman busts.

If I am to buy it, I'm not ordering it from Sideshow. The shipping and customs would be killer... :(
So I don't know if I can return it to the shop...
I might, however, be able to check it in the store before taking it home.

In your last picture I think it looks really good!
If it looks like that I might just own a Green Goblin bust soon :pray:

The GG is by far my favorite character and I've passed on this. I was so excited when I saw the WIP pics and was checking daily. When I saw the final gallery I felt something was missing. I feel like the essence of Goblin is that he's a complete lunatic under a mask and I felt the mask looks to much like a face. Do you know what I mean?

Esthetically, a great looking piece and I may consider in the future but right now I just don't see the Goblin I like.

For me this would have been the ideal final product base on paint and eyes. Who do you think SSC will roll out next from the spiderman universe for the next bust ?

C95EED35-931C-4573-A2CB-D1C8D1406897-4272-000002F4F5A76F01_zpse5162898.jpg

That would be ideal, it looks awesome!
Could it be that the eyes look better the higher number you get?
Or maybe the other way around, better eyes the lower number you get?

Next bust? No idea but they sure have a lot of cool characters to choose from! :)

Dr Doom would be my choice, but at this stage SS are so hopeless they would get lazy eye on the MK VII bust.

It's here! :yess:

Can you spot the awesomeness on the box?!?! ;) :blissy

IMG_0525.jpg

And I can honestly say, it looks soooooo much better in person!
Pics to follow, hopefully tomorrow.

Back