Green Dragon Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gildor Inglorion

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
In true S&F style, a thread on the upcoming Green Dragon environment. Long awaited and much desired by so many (including me) and it's almost here, but when I ask!? :yess:

The catalogue scans are all we have at the moment so anyone who has info or news regarding this then please do post it here......the more the merrier! :wave

The Green Dragon1.jpg

I can tell the backend is open so you can see the interior. Probably one of Leonard's handiworks.

This might well be the next piece I will order. Looks really nice :)

I can tell the backend is open so you can see the interior. Probably one of Leonard's handiworks.

How can you tell that??

Still disappointed it's not the whole building, but I suppose a smaller style in keeping with the hobbit holes may be a better seller to non hard core collectors! Hopefully we'll get a mill and bridge mini enviro

I am actually glad about the GD size. On one hand we will have this iconic enviro in our collection and on the other hand Weta will concentrate on more substantial environments like Minas Morgul or Minas Tirith or Dol Guldur etc when it comes to big and expensive enviros.

How can you tell that??

Still disappointed it's not the whole building, but I suppose a smaller style in keeping with the hobbit holes may be a better seller to non hard core collectors! Hopefully we'll get a mill and bridge mini enviro
I'm ok with the fact it's a part, since The Green Dragon is too long and not to easy to reproduce I think (it's even curved), but I don't like the black dead ends on the left and right, I wish they had found a better way to cut it...

I feel a bit like it says NEW YORK CITY ST. PATRICK CATHEDRAL on it but yet its a small church in town.

Lovely piece, really like it - this has been one of my most wanted environments for absolutely ages, so will deffo be picking up this one! :yess:

How can you tell that??

If you look at how it's been abruptly cut off on both sides, and it's tall on the back, it doesn't make sense to have a lot of dead space back there. Think of how they did the same thing for Bag End. Why not go for the full environment (aka Prancing Pony) instead of just a portion of it like the current smials or Bag End?

I like this one, although I kinda hoped the environment had covered more than just one section of the Green Dragon. Yes, it would be big had they done that. Or they could release this environment in 3 sections where you could put them together to make the full Green Dragon. It gives an option to collectors if they only want a particular section. But I know for most collectors they'll want the full set!

Any one know if this will be LE or open edition?

Not seen any details on it yet but at a guess I would say it will be one of two things

LE at 750/1000 off or....

LE with cut outs and viewable interior, much the same as the LE Bag End, the high black back could accommodate it. Open edition for the standard model.

As for the size I'm still banking on it being the same as Bag End and Beorns house, all three lined up at the same scale with the Hobbit holes lined up in front would make for a really good display.

I like this one, although I kinda hoped the environment had covered more than just one section of the Green Dragon. Yes, it would be big had they done that. Or they could release this environment in 3 sections where you could put them together to make the full Green Dragon. It gives an option to collectors if they only want a particular section. But I know for most collectors they'll want the full set!

Yep, me too. I had high hopes for this one, something along the lines of Rivendell (all one big piece) would have been my ideal :love. Perhaps the price point would have made it impracticable and too expensive to sell. :monkey2

I think it'll be summer that this will go on sale, maybe after SDCC

Back