Greedo ALWAYS SHOT FIRST!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The controversy over who shot first, Greedo or Han Solo, in Episode IV, what I did was try to clean up the confusion, but obviously it upset people because they wanted Solo [who seemed to be the one who shot first in the original] to be a cold-blooded killer, but he actually isn’t. It had been done in all close-ups and it was confusing about who did what to whom. I put a little wider shot in there that made it clear that Greedo is the one who shot first, but everyone wanted to think that Han shot first, because they wanted to think that he actually just gunned him down.

That is the biggest crock of ____ I've ever read in my life. Han shot first because we're supposed to think the guy is shady and might sell out our heroes. That absolutely was the original intention of that scene, and he knows it... or maybe he doesn't, actually. He's told so many contardictory stories over the past decades about his "original vision" that he probably doesn't even remember what that vision was anymore.

Flat out, he's a bold-faced liar on this (and other things).

He's definitely trolling at this point. Unless he really does think he can rewrite history.

I'm so ____ing angry reading that... Lucas really just does not have a clue. Maybe his statement to Oprah about never getting to experience the movies like everyone else is true... it is the only explanation for how clueless he seems to be about his own films.

Greedo alwasy shot first, BS man... total and utter BS. And his comment about Blade Runner being recut; sure its true but I have a BluRay set with 5 ____ing versions which allows me to choose what I want to see.

____ you Lucas!

That is the biggest crock of ____ I've ever read in my life. Han shot first because we're supposed to think the guy is shady and might sell out our heroes. That absolutely was the original intention of that scene, and he knows it... or maybe he doesn't, actually. He's told so many contardictory stories over the past decades about his "original vision" that he probably doesn't even remember what that vision was anymore.

This guy just keeps on back-pedaling and blaming the fans for his own mistakes. Lucas thinks because he has the money and the power to finance his own films that he is above any criticism so he blames the studios for re-cutting his early films and the fans for hating his changes. _____* you, Lucas.

I suppose Han being digitally altered to jerk out of the way of the blast like he's having a stroke was all part of the original vision as well.

What a Jackass! The man can't write, can't direct actors, makes poor decisions and we all should boycott any thing this man is attached too in the future.

F&%K you Lucas.

Luckily for him, he owns a franchise that is still able to coast on the nostalgia it earned itself 3 decades ago.

It's funny. I absolutely agree with the Plinkett review, and it left a bad taste in my mouth when I tried watching TPM on BD. The sad part is?

I've already made plans to see it twice this weekend in 3D. Childhood nostalgia does crazy things to an otherwise sensible human being.

Angry nerds- is the 97 SE with Greedo shooting first.

This- this is beyond stupid. Goes from "dont want Han to be a bad guy by shooting first" to "Greedo always shot first"

He has to be trolling. He basically cried that the fans were hard on him so he was retiring. Now he pulls something like this? Its weak. Hes a mulit billionaire. Just tell people if you dont like it to ____ing bad. Dont lie. ANH isnt a day old. Its going to be 35 years old. I think we know whats true or not. Sad that we know more than the man who created it.

Yeah, I'll own that :lol I was feeling okay given the Harmy versions... but damn man; why does Lucas have to be such a raging ___hole?

I think we all know Lucas really doesn't give a damn about what fans want. And now he's at the point of bending the truth to make himself feel better for all the hate he's received. Nothing's going to change the way he is.

I do enjoy reading nerd outrage though. :lol

I agree that it's futile to get enraged at this point. It is what it is and Lucas is who he is. But, you know, at this point the media is complicit in this stuff.

For once, can't an informed journalist call Lucas on his b.s.? I mean, this was a flat-out lie he told. No question. The interviewer could have strung him up right then and there (which would have made for a better story than the usual nonsense anyway :lol).

Mainstream journalist are hacks. That would never happen. So many Hollywood types would have been put in their place already.

The journalist that would do such a thing, has no chance of every being in that position to do it.

Mainstream journalist are hacks. That would never happen. So many Hollywood types would have been put in their place already.

The journalist that would do such a thing, has no chance of every being in that position to do it.

Quite true. But no less frustrating.

Back