Gray hulk pf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my green pf so adding this one was a simple decision for me I love everything about it. I'll be adding pictures soon

I am just curious why someone wants the gray hulk, i understand the origin of the color ( i think ) but in the movies (including avenger) and comics, hulk is always green. So why would you have something that's the wrong color?

/n00b off

I have the Green Hulk PF..would love to have the Grey also.No other SS Figure really compares in quality and weight.I could not afford one but if you have the giddas go for it.

In 1962 when Jack Kirby created the Incredible Hulk(we know he was Grey) it was an era of the re-release of Monster films from the 30's and 40's.Frankenstein,Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein were bigger hits in 62 than when they were originally released.
The Frankenstein Monster films being in B&W and any of the original release lobby cards had Frankie looking a shade of Grey.Of course he's made of Dead Body Parts.Later re-release lobbies gave him a tinge of green.
Because of the original Hulks square-ish head and hair style he was by the same young kids reading the comic and watching the Frankenstien movies compared to the monster.So Jack and Stan decided that the Hulk should not look Frankenstien-ish and gave him the Green makeover.This happened quickly and the Green Hulk is the one most are familiar with.The Grey Hulk did return in other story lines years later.

I have the Green Hulk PF..would love to have the Grey also.No other SS Figure really compares in quality and weight.I could not afford one but if you have the giddas go for it.

In 1962 when Jack Kirby created the Incredible Hulk(we know he was Grey) it was an era of the re-release of Monster films from the 30's and 40's.Frankenstein,Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein were bigger hits in 62 than when they were originally released.
The Frankenstein Monster films being in B&W and any of the original release lobby cards had Frankie looking a shade of Grey.Of course he's made of Dead Body Parts.Later re-release lobbies gave him a tinge of green.
Because of the original Hulks square-ish head and hair style he was by the same young kids reading the comic and watching the Frankenstien movies compared to the monster.So Jack and Stan decided that the Hulk should not look Frankenstien-ish and gave him the Green makeover.This happened quickly and the Green Hulk is the one most are familiar with.The Grey Hulk did return in other story lines years later.

This information is false.

This information is false.

Yeah, I thought it had to do with marvel not being able to keep a consistent grey color in the first few issues of the Hulk. I believe they chose green because the color held up much better in the printing process. I thought I remember reading that somewhere. This is the first I've heard of the Frankenstein reference.

Yeah, I thought it had to do with marvel not being able to keep a consistent grey color in the first few issues of the Hulk. I believe they chose green because the color held up much better in the printing process. I thought I remember reading that somewhere. This is the first I've heard of the Frankenstein reference.

:lecture yup. That is why the color was changed to green.

Actually, it was just that the printer had trouble with the gray color, hence the change for a less problematic tone.

Funny. For some reason I hadn't seen Shai Hulud, filip and VS's latest posts here, so my own post above is terribly redundant. :)

Actually, it was just that the printer had trouble with the gray color, hence the change for a less problematic tone.

Thanks for clearing that up.
I had heard the Frankie reference in 1982 at a comics forum in Berkeley.Thought it made sense and was a great bit of trivia.Especially because I'M older and remember both the comics and how big the films were then.

with the prices that both the Green and Gray versions are going for, i wouldn't be surprised to see they start to be available from china soon.:pfft:

with the prices that both the Green and Gray versions are going for, i wouldn't be surprised to see they start to be available from china soon.:pfft:

PFs are extremely difficult to recast. I've tried it :p You also have to factor in the weight of this sucker. I don't see it happening with the Hulks. If this was a full on sculpt, then it would be easier. The grey foam containers are going to make it difficult also.

i just got an unsolicited request to buy mine from some guy from spain with a post count of 2.. where do i sign up! lol

Quit advertising that you want to sell Hulkie here them :monkey3

Back