GRAVITY FALLS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This show is great. It has a great vibe to it. Although some of the episodes have been really silly, and there seems to be less consultation with the monster book.

Anyone now what was up with the ending for the first episode? To be more specific; Grunkle entering the secret passage behind the vending machine?

Hasn't been reveled yet. But with the book's secret code (Stan is not what he seems), and Gidion's need for the actual building, i'm curious how far they're going to push it. Stan may have a heart, but he's not a good person. He's doing something sinister.

Hopefully. This show, so far isn't one of those super cliched shows that take everything and turn it on it's head as you'd expect.

Aside from the Gobblewonker, all the monsters have been real. So the question is, who is causing these events in the town? Who is the secret cult...

Really awesome stuff for a kids show. A cool mythology.

Did you catch that Gideon has a book like Dipper's with a '2' on it?

Also, all the end credits have a secret code.

This show gives me that warm fuzzy feeling like I remember having for The Simpsons.

Invader Zim for me. This show instantly reminds me of it, with the crazy side characters, satireesq commercials, screaming, and just darkness. :lol

I can see that as well. I did watch some early Simpsons the other day. Man, that show was brilliant as all hell. I totally forgot, as what it is now assimilated my memory of it.

I just wanted to mention how much i love the theme song to this, so catchy and invigorating.

Invader Zim for me. This show instantly reminds me of it, with the crazy side characters, satireesq commercials, screaming, and just darkness. :lol

I find it interesting that you compare it to Zim, especially in the "edginess" department' personally i don't think Gravity Falls is quite as edgy as Zim was, or even Adventure Time for that matter, but thats fine; if every show on the air tried to out do Zim in edginess it would get old real fast.

So far i think its more consistant than adventure time in terms of humour and style, but whilst some episodes of adventure time have fallen flat for me (princess monster wife); many have impacted me on a level i never thought possible for a "kids show". Time will tell if Gravity Falls will reach those heights, though Double Dipper and The Time travellers pig got pretty darn close.

I :inlove girly Icelandic pop sensation BABBA :yess:

''Disco girl, coming through.
That girl is you.
Ooh ohh, ooh ooh''

Last edited:
I just wanted to mention how much i love the theme song to this, so catchy and invigorating.

I find it interesting that you compare it to Zim, especially in the "edginess" department' personally i don't think Gravity Falls is quite as edgy as Zim was, or even Adventure Time for that matter, but thats fine; if every show on the air tried to out do Zim in edginess it would get old real fast.

So far i think its more consistant than adventure time in terms of humour and style, but whilst some episodes of adventure time have fallen flat for me (princess monster wife); many have impacted me on a level i never thought possible for a "kids show". Time will tell if Gravity Falls will reach those heights, though Double Dipper and The Time travellers pig got pretty darn close.

If you compare how the side characters of Zim act, vs Gravity Falls, they have that same vibe. Really stupid, or creepy. Especially Old Man McGuckett.

It's not quite as edgy, but it still has that darkness that looms over everything. Like Zim had.

And Dib and Dipper are almost the same character. They both have big heads, and noodle arms. :D
DipnDib.jpg

Too be honest, Regular Show is the edgiest one on TV right now. I love that show with all my heart and soul. They did a Big Lebowski reference. No kid is going to get that. :lol

Dipper vs Manliness is in my opinion the worst episode so far. Nothing creepy about it, and it was overly silly. Double Dipper so far is my favourite. Paper jam Dipper was hilarious!:rotfl

I hope this show stays strong, because it has renewed my faith in Disney and kids shows in general.

My son has a birthday coming up so I have just bought him the Dipper cap :)

We watch a lot of Disney in our house (6 year old girl), and I can't begin to tell you how relieved hearing the theme song makes me.

Great show in a sea of crap.

Ps. Excepting phineas and Ferb.

Dipper vs Manliness is in my opinion the worst episode so far. Nothing creepy about it, and it was overly silly. Double Dipper so far is my favourite. Paper jam Dipper was hilarious!:rotfl

I hope this show stays strong, because it has renewed my faith in Disney and kids shows in general.

Yeah, Dipper vs Manliness and Headhunters are the worst. Up there with Double Dipper and The Time Travelers Pig for the best would have to be Legend of the Gobblewonker. It's not the best, but it's just my go-to episode. The disposable camera bit is hilarious.

Back