graveyard shift thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is something calming about driving home at 630am with music blasting and going home, while the rest of the world is heading off to the rat race.

I've been working nights for 6 months now and it feels like its been 6 years.

Thankfully, one of the monitors in here has cable tv to pass the time. What do you night shifters here do?

I work in a NOC for the states court system. Problem is there are only 8 courts in the state that are 24x7. So, unless something breaks that I have to alert someone on-call, or a user locks themselves out its a long - slow night.

11p-7a :impatient:

I still have not gotten used to sleeping during the day. I've pretty much accepted getting crappy sleep during the day and napping before I go in.

img_19091_rat-race-full-movie-part-1-of-13-hd.jpg

:monkey4............movie

I used to work the second shift. There are generally only two shifts in my industry. Try to make a graveyard shift and not have overtime in this industry and the whole crew would walk.

My hours were 3:00 PM - 3:30 AM. I generally only sleep about 5 hours so I have a good part of the day to take care of business. I liked it a lot as there was also a slightly higher wage involved.

I miss the second shift.

There is something calming about driving home at 630am with music blasting and going home, while the rest of the world is heading off to the rat race.

Dude i love it, and i drive the limit and no more, only to piss off all the Tim Horton lumberjack-trash retards that end up tailing my ass only to pass me and jam the accelerator as i laugh and calmly spout more obscenities.

So you're the guy who wastes my time when I'm trying to get home. That's ok. I'll go 75 in a 45 to pass you. I don't mind. I'll even break bottles on the road behind me if you like.

Back