Grand Theft Auto V

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GTA V - September 17, 2013

Up north in the rural areas is fine I guess.

But what abut the city areas?

Well it is just like GTA4 I guess I'm too busy speeding around in cars to notice.
One thing I have always hated about the GTA games is the same people all over the place and not a massive variety of different pedestrians but I guess they have their limits due to the size of the game

Just a question to all those who have the game: How is the human traffic? Does the game do a good job of creating a believable sense of human population density in the city areas?

Yeah, bit sparse. Freeway traffic can be believably heavy, but not so many people. Have to put that down to it being programmed for the old-gen consoles. On the flip side, there have been areas where there's been quite a lot of people. It's not all that jarring.

Kind of makes me wonder what GTA6 will be like.

Just a question to all those who have the game: How is the human traffic? Does the game do a good job of creating a believable sense of human population density in the city areas?

Not really, because in real life the freeways would be parking lots and what fun is that?

One thing GTA can do no other games can do.. I am now a new Waylon Jennings fan!

(They always turn me on to something new, great taste in must Rockstar has!)

I wonder how Snake will react if they pull a Red Dead and never release it on PC?:lol

I played on ps3 day one.
it was good for is time.

GTA 5 for me is a next gen game with Graphics dumb down so they can run and make money of Old gen consoles.

I like to stay with the latest tech in gaming. as much as I respect Ps3 GTA 5 is way too much for this console.

you have know Idea how much they had to sacrifice to get that game to run at a half *** frame rate.

Resolution - 720p
Anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering = 0
textures = terrible
Shadow detail = 0

etc...

hey is just me.
I am glad you guys are enjoying the game.
I am just watting.

I played on ps3 day one.
it was good for is time.

GTA 5 for me is a next gen game with Graphics dumb down so they can run and make money of Old gen consoles.

Except it's not, and Rockstar never claimed it to be.

And as many have said here before, graphics mean nothing to a game like this. To most games actually. People don't buy a game because it looks pretty, they buy it for the gameplay experience on offer.

My friend is a PC gamer only, minus the occasional PS3 exclusive, and I showed him what you've been saying and his actual words were "I'm embarrassed for him". He knows the game is a console title and therefore purchased it for PS3 and is more than happy with the product. Why? Because gameplay triumphs over graphics any and every day.

Except it's not, and Rockstar never claimed it to be.

And as many have said here before, graphics mean nothing to a game like this. To most games actually. People don't buy a game because it looks pretty, they buy it for the gameplay experience on offer.

My friend is a PC gamer only, minus the occasional PS3 exclusive, and I showed him what you've been saying and his actual words were "I'm embarrassed for him". He knows the game is a console title and therefore purchased it for PS3 and is more than happy with the product. Why? Because gameplay triumphs over graphics any and every day.

:exactly:

Spot on in every point. This PC fluffing is getting bothersome.

In defense of snake's stance on the graphics, I would love to see a PS4 or XBONE version with thos elements he listed included!

that said, not that gonna stop me from enjoying this version. GTA is awesome given the sum of its parts, collectively imo

I don't know what kind of crack you guys are smoking but the graphics on this game are freaking amazing. Did you see when the Sun gets pointed at the camera the sun spots and everything is amazing, I've never seen that in a game.

Anyways you play the game for the experience, the things to do in the game, it's an open world game so if the graphics aren't Eepeeek enough for you,
don't play it because I'm a hundred thousand percent happy with this game

I don't know what kind of crack you guys are smoking but the graphics on this game are freaking amazing. Did you see when the Sun gets pointed at the camera the sun spots and everything is amazing, I've never seen that in a game.

Anyways you play the game for the experience, the things to do in the game, it's an open world game so if the graphics aren't Eepeeek enough for you,
don't play it because I'm a hundred thousand percent happy with this game

:rotfl

Graphics are very well tuned and look great, the sun glare is nuts.

I'm not one for be all and end all graphics but the games graphics were hyped up and playing it for the first time i was very underwhelmed with them.

There's some nice touches like the Sea, the Sun, the skyline and city line look good as well as the cars

But as you say it's the gameplay that truly matters, i am just merely quantifying hype vs in hand experience

But they are better than GTA IV so that is all that really matters. They aren't going be the level of the Last of Us just because the scale of the game is so much bigger.

Totally and i should hope they are better than IV :lol

My point was just that it got mega hyped like 'oh it looks so real best graphics ever! when they just aren't

I do really like the gameplay though and i like the Ai interaction with your player and the subtle human movements and expressions from the characters. That's what makes the game for me

So I started playing this and I gotta say... I'm not impressed. Seems like the same old stuff, the interactions with the people arent interesting or intelligent. Traffic still moves really stupid. The fight engine still sucks, and the physics of the euphoria engine/natural motion feel worse than gta 4.
so much time was spent on this game but it looks like it went into the massive landscape instead of making it feel smarter.

Last edited:

I played on ps3 day one.
it was good for is time.

I like to stay with the latest tech in gaming. as much as I respect Ps3 GTA 5 is way too much for this console.

you have know Idea how much they had to sacrifice to get that game to run at a half *** frame rate.

Resolution - 720p
Anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering = 0
textures = terrible
Shadow detail = 0

etc...

hey is just me.
I am glad you guys are enjoying the game.
I am just watting.

Waiting to get home to read this epiiiic post.

Heard it looks best on PC :lol :lol

Back