Gotham City Origins series -Commissioner Gordon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fan expectations will be high, based on the previous live action Batman-related-but-not-actually-about-Batman TV show.

[ame]https://youtu.be/5fEKACII5Tg[/ame]

Intriguing, but they're going to have a tough time stretching a few days, weeks, etc. into a full fledged series (considering the fact that Jim Gordon arrived in Gotham , after being a Chicago Police Officer (?) relatively close to the same time as Bruce Wayne.:lol

This TV series based on popular comic film characters stuff is already getting old.

SHIELD!

PEGGY CARTER!

COMMISH GORDON!

JUMPING THE SHARK!

Could be awesome, or could be a flop.

I like the idea of a Gotham series, but with no Batman or even random cameos of him it be hard to keep everyone engaged UNLESS the writing is brilliant and the person who plays Gordon embraces it beyond belief. I like the idea of it all about him, but then whys it called Gotham?

Time will tell.

So far. Just wait until the trend catches on.

LUCIUS FOX: THE SHOW

PROFESSOR ERIK SELVIG: THE SERIES

The idea of a GCPD television show is defiantly a cool concept, especially if you're a huge DC/Bat fan like myself.

Obviously I'll need to see some info on the actors, experience from the writers, trailers, etc...

My opinion: **** Gordon. Make it an ensemble, and have Batman in it; just not visible. Basically: Scratch whatever they've got if it isn't Gotham Central.

Sounds like the Gotham Central series they mulled a few years back. If that's the case ... I'm in. That was a brilliant concept. It is interesting to see a Batman story from the perspective of someone other than Batman -- where he exists only as the semi-mythological figure in the shadows.

If they play it right, Batman should emerge very slowly ... almost as slowly as the investigation into the identity of the Batman unfolds. Just glimpses of him every few episodes, once they introduce him to Gotham.

SnakeDoc

Sounds like the Gotham Central series they mulled a few years back. If that's the case ... I'm in. That was a brilliant concept. It is interesting to see a Batman story from the perspective of someone other than Batman -- where he exists only as the semi-mythological figure in the shadows.

If they play it right, Batman should emerge very slowly ... almost as slowly as the investigation into the identity of the Batman unfolds. Just glimpses of him every few episodes, once they introduce him to Gotham.

SnakeDoc

It would be a perfect time to make a Batman show without Batman. If it's near the Year One era, it'd be awesome to hear reports of "a homeless man assaulting prostitutes," or seeing a silhouette going over a rooftop.

It would be a perfect time to make a Batman show without Batman. If it's near the Year One era, it'd be awesome to hear reports of "a homeless man assaulting prostitutes," or seeing a silhouette going over a rooftop.

I think it'd work really well. A Gotham City police procedural ... with a bunch of colorful supervillains and a cloaked vigilante nobody can seem to get a good look at.

The real question is, who do you cast as Gordon? That's a tough part to cast. Needs to be more the Year 1 version of Gordon. I keep thinking Max Martini -- tough guy, red head (like Year One Gordon) -- but he may be a bit old if they're doing a genuine origin story. I think he's in his early 40s.

Batman-Year-One-Movie-Jim-Gordon-Bryan-Cranston.jpg

Max+Martini+Pacific+Rim+Premieres+LA+Part+UgK48vH2392l.jpg

He has the look. He's a reasonably good actor. He's unknown enough. And, he has a tough-guy cop persona ... almost like Elliot from Law and Order SVU. Still ... might be too old, depending on the time period they're looking for.

SnakeDoc

Back