Gotham City Origins series -Commissioner Gordon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All's I can say is: Harvey Bullock or GTFO.:lecture

You know what? I want to see Jonathan Banks get a role in a DC film. Hell, I want to see Jonathan Banks get a role in any film. Mike Ehrmantraut's awesome as ****, and so is Jonathan Banks.

Hell yes to both of those ideas. I'm still bitter about him not winning an Emmy.

As am I. I like Boardwalk as much as the next guy, but let's be honest here: Gyp Rosetti was about as stereotypical as a New York Mobster villain archetype can get; it just wasn't that great.

Sounds like the Gotham Central series they mulled a few years back. If that's the case ... I'm in. That was a brilliant concept. It is interesting to see a Batman story from the perspective of someone other than Batman -- where he exists only as the semi-mythological figure in the shadows.

If they play it right, Batman should emerge very slowly ... almost as slowly as the investigation into the identity of the Batman unfolds. Just glimpses of him every few episodes, once they introduce him to Gotham.

SnakeDoc

Yupp that was one of my favourite comic series ever!
Always though there should be a show based on it.

And this is being written/produced by the co-creator of HBO's Rome which was absolutely incredible.

So I think this could be great.

Gotham Central is one of my all-time favorite series too. And Brubaker is my favorite comic book writer. I always thought The Dark Knight was inspired by it, like the the Joker interrogation scene. Very similar scene in Gotham Central.

Its basically Law & Order TV show in the Batman world.

Person of Interest could have been this show as well. And that show is amazing too!!

Beyond excited for this Gotham City show!!!!! :)

Excited for this, there's no way this can be worse than SHIELD :lol

Shield has lots of ups and downs. I am still watching it though and hope it gets better.
This Gotham series is sounding better and better.

Danny Cannon To Direct & Executive Produce

Danny Cannon has been tapped to direct and executive produce the pilot for Fox’s high-profile comic book drama Gotham, from Warner Bros. TV and The Mentalist creator Bruno Heller.

It has a series commitment and is expected to go to series as the project is a priority for the network, and the pilot has a series penalty behind it.

Cannon directed the pilots and served as an executive producer on the CSI franchise. He also directed the pilot and exec produced the CW’s Nikita, serves as exec producer on the network’s freshman The Tomorrow People, whose pilot he also directed, along with the Lifetime pilot The Lottery.

Catwoman/Selina Kyle?!?! :panic::panic::panic:

backpain-1292835351.jpg

"This is an origin story for young Bruce Wayne," Reilly said, promising that all of the classic Batman characters and villains would make an appearance, including: The Penguin, The Riddler, Commissioner Gordon, and The Joker. This is a series about "Gotham on the brink" he said, and "how they all became who they were, what events led up to these characters becoming Catwoman [and so on]." The Chairman described the series as "operatic" and "larger-than-life."

https://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/13/foxs-gotham-is-a-batman-origin-story-and-will-have-a-christopher-nolan-esque-tone?abthid=52d45b896b5745fb53000048

(Please don't let this show suck! :pray:)

Apparently they want the series to end once Bruce puts on the cape/cowl for the first time, so you've got to assume he'll have a major role in the show, but I can't tell if he's going to be the "star".

I still think Gordon is the main character.

"It will follow Bruce Wayne from childhood through his development into the Dark Night, with the final episode marking the moment when he puts on the cape."

Apparently they want the series to end once Bruce puts on the cape/cowl for the first time, so you've got to assume he'll have a major role in the show, but I can't tell if he's going to be the "star".

I still think Gordon is the main character.

"It will follow Bruce Wayne from childhood through his development into the Dark Night, with the final episode marking the moment when he puts on the cape."

All of this, sounds awesomesauce.

I'm just not quite getting the timeline. If Bruce is just a kid, are his villains going to be playground bullies or are they all going to be quite a bit older than him? Or are they going to jump time periods a bunch - have him age a few years every season. Seems like this would be better suited as the time period when Bruce is off training around the world and towards the end when Batman first shows up.

Frankly, I think a show focused on Gordon while Batman in at his peak would be pretty cool. Show just how desperate Gotham PD is and how Gotham really needs Batman. But then again, I think an Arkham Asylum (the actual asylum not the video game) could make for an awesome show too with the treatment of the patients. Joker could even be a regular on that one with Crane, Harley, and Strange all on staff and behind bars at different points.

IMO, WB really needs to tie in their TV stuff with their movies. While SHIELD kinda sucks, the idea of connecting the TV show to the films is the way to go. It builds an audience each week for characters that might normally not be so well known (Green Arrow, Flash) compared to the Trinity. Or at the very least connect this series with Arrow and Flash so there is at least a larger TV universe and not two separate ones (CW and FOX).

Back