Statue Gotham city garage: Catwoman statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only thing they have going for this is Gentle Giant Studios' involvement. But they're not gonna get produced with GG's paint app standards, I think.

I think this is a cool statue with great design. It is not the standard look of the rogue girls, adding a certain realism and shows off how strong their characters actually are.

DC Collectibles is starting up a new line (and it may be short) based on the Dustin Nguyen "Gotham Girls Motors" art.

gothamgirlsmotors-nguyen.jpg

Catwoman is first!
Measures approximately 8.5" Tall x 15.5" Wide - $299.95 US

dcgcgcatwoman.jpg

Not a bad concept at all. Actually, Cat Woman is the best looking of the three.

BBTS already has it on preorder for $250.

You never have to pay full-price for DC Collectibes if you don't want to.

Still overpriced by $75, IMO.

Price is my only point of contention with DC Collectibles. For that amount of money I can buy bigger scale statues from other companies. $200 should be the most (with shipping included).

problem I see with this is catwoman does not really look like catwoman. This looks like any biker chick riding a bike.

Think of it as Selina Kyle riding a bike.

Since she's not wearing her Catwoman costume, you can't really expect her to look like "Catwoman". Her helmet does have ears though. :p

problem I see with this is catwoman does not really look like catwoman. This looks like any biker chick riding a bike.

Really? The choice in wheels is a bit weird, but aside from that it screams Catwoman to me, especially modern incarnations like the New 52 Catwoman. If you want to see someone strictly lacking any qualities of Catwoman, look no further than The Dark Knight Returns Catwoman, a character so distant from the comic book incarnation it's hard to think of her as being any real form of representation.

Then again, same with Bane :lol

Think of it as Selina Kyle riding a bike.

Since she's not wearing her Catwoman costume, you can't really expect her to look like "Catwoman". Her helmet does have ears though. :p

I agree with you. I think that's what make this one's unique. It's like being a geek but doesn't look geeky.

Really? The choice in wheels is a bit weird, but aside from that it screams Catwoman to me, especially modern incarnations like the New 52 Catwoman. If you want to see someone strictly lacking any qualities of Catwoman, look no further than The Dark Knight Returns Catwoman, a character so distant from the comic book incarnation it's hard to think of her as being any real form of representation.

Then again, same with Bane :lol

:goodpost: couldn't agree more. :)

I'm very impressed; this is one of the few times a finished piece looks better than the concept art! :clap

Love the dirt/dust and tire tracks!!

11r4u28.jpg

eu0mpu.jpg

28mpms8.jpg

iipsrv.fcgi

Last edited:
Back