Got my shipping notice for the Captain

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DASTARDS! I'm getting way to antsy, the thrill of convertion has passed and been replaced by the anxiety of waiting for charging/shipping.

Well the tricky part for me is 1-My wife doesn't KNOW about this coming:monkey3 and 2-the 3rd is my anniversary, so to bring in a $300 statue 1 day before our anniv. that I didn't tell her about, aint so hot! This will be stashed at the office until I figure out a good way to break it to her. I was selling a few statues here and there all week, might just be like "Oh yeah, 1 or 2 went to funding this though!!!!" but I've used that excuse SO MUCH!

None the less, even if my Cap is boxed and hiding from the scorn of my wife (who I love for even letting me get these when she's mad) I'll still be waving my flag a litlte higher come 4th.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Well the tricky part for me is 1-My wife doesn't KNOW about this coming:monkey3 and 2-the 3rd is my anniversary, so to bring in a $300 statue 1 day before our anniv. that I didn't tell her about, aint so hot! This will be stashed at the office until I figure out a good way to break it to her. I was selling a few statues here and there all week, might just be like "Oh yeah, 1 or 2 went to funding this though!!!!" but I've used that excuse SO MUCH!

None the less, even if my Cap is boxed and hiding from the scorn of my wife (who I love for even letting me get these when she's mad) I'll still be waving my flag a litlte higher come 4th.
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl lol... thats so funny. i used to have my stuff sent to my friends house to avoid these problems. i would just tell him when something was being sent.

~~~tomorrow is the day!!!!!!

I'll have mine by July 2nd. I'm still on the waitlist [ordered Mar.9th] for my excl., but Mark [mfoga] :rock was good enough to sell me his at cost instead of cancelling his order.

PosterBoyKelly said:

just tell her you won it on a fourm trivia contest and dont let her see the CC bill that month :D

strangely mine says on the truck for delivery as well. not to complain about arriving early but im at school all day and didn't make arrangements for anyone to be home to sign for it. hopefully the fedex guy will hit me last so i can be home to get him.

hairlesswookiee said:
~~~tomorrow is the day!!!!!!

I just got a text message from my wife, the Captain arrived a day early!! :chew :chew

From what she could tell I got #792. I was going to frame a CGC graded copy of whatever Captain America comic corresponded to the number I got. Looks like I'll be waiting a looooooong time. :rotfl

I can't freaking wait to get home!

:fireworks :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

of course i just get home from class, and there's a note from Fedex saying that they missed me. they didnt say when they'd be back either. WTF?? am i not supposed to get this guy and be happy???

Man, if only I weren't so cheap I would prolly be getting mine today too. *sigh*

hopefully they'll be back tomorrow like they originally said he would be delivered. i canceled all my plans for tomorrow so i can wait anxiously by the door. :monkey2

Is there a phone # to call FedEx about it? I'd just ask if I could go pick it up at the carrier facility or something, I've done that with UPS and USPS before, I assume FedEx has a similar process.

Damn, my sister in law wasn’t at my place to sign for the package and I got the dreaded words “Delivery Exception”. Great, now I have to wait one more day for this awesome piece. Sometimes I really hate this Sig required policy.

Back