Got asked why I was a nerd?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CriterionCollector

Super Freak
Reaction score
I sometimes receive figs at the school I teach at. I received my HT Robocop and Chair on Monday. I was showing it to another teacher. Some students were in the class as well and kind of snickered at the idea of a grown man collecting figs.
The following morning one of my students, I teach 7th grade, approached me and asked, "Why are you a nerd?"
I replied, "Because I'm a grown-ass man and I can do what the hell I want."

I dont know... if there is one thing 21 Jump street taught me was that being nerdy is cool now lol.

If anything I would have said "Dont you guys watch the Big Bang theory on tv? being nerd is cool now!!!"
but in all seriousness i would have brought up how super heroes and comic con and games are whats cool now and how you are part of the cool crowd because of the toys
like "you know who else is a nerd? the hulk... dont make me angry boy, dont you make e angry"

Same thing happened to me. Only difference was that the ones who told me were the parents of my patient lol

I feel now that being a nerd has become mainstream, being a nerd has lost its identity. I was and still am, the type of student who sits in back of the class and has very little friends. These movies and comics does lose a little of it's charm now that every body is buying it.

Put it this way:

When the preppy arsehole frat boy starts talking comics, I get depressed. Just ten years ago, he would have been bullying the nerds.

I also notice a lot of girls take up the nerd mantle, anime mantle, or video game mantle (twitch girls) to differentiate themselves from the other girls. But in reality, they spend just as much time obsessing over their looks, and has just as much character (or lack thereof) of the other girls. And lets state the obvious, they still find the true nerds disgusting. IE: The ones who are overweight, pimply faced, and socially inept.

I feel now that being a nerd has become mainstream, being a nerd has lost its identity. I was and still am, the type of student who sits in back of the class and has very little friends. These movies and comics does lose a little of it's charm now that every body is buying it.

Put it this way:

When the preppy arsehole frat boy starts talking comics, I get depressed. Just ten years ago, he would have been bullying the nerds.

I also notice a lot of girls take up the nerd mantle, anime mantle, or video game mantle (twitch girls) to differentiate themselves from the other girls. But in reality, they spend just as much time obsessing over their looks, and has just as much character (or lack thereof) of the other girls. And lets state the obvious, they still find the true nerds disgusting. IE: The ones who are overweight, pimply faced, and socially inept.

Being a nerd is the cool thing now to some people. I'm surprised a 7th grader would find that geeky. It seems even the football players in schools like Marvel movies and such now.

I graduated in 2005 and even though it was only 10 years ago it was a different atmosphere. I was the kid who sat in the back and read game magazine or would play my PSP or Gameboy Advance on silent. My caption under my name in the yearbook was actually "Mr Gameboy" because they never bothered to know me better.

Ugh.....7th and 8th graders are the worst! If I had to work with that age group I'd be fired within the week.

And I absolutely adore Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr, and the rest of the avengers cast. These guys look like runway models, except for RDJ, but RDJ still looks very good.

But lets be real:
When Chris Evans was in highschool, he probably teased/insulted another kid reading a captain america comic book.
When Chris Hemsworth was in highschool, he probably teased/insulted another kid reading a thor comic book.
And the list goes on.

Its only natural. Animal Kingdom behavior. Those with more are at a very high probability to cast themselves as superior to those with less. Especially during your youth, when you are less mature and have less inhibitions.

Put it this way:

I... don't even know where to begin with this moronic post.

This has to be satire.

Put it this way:

the thing is that in the past people used the term "Nerd" as an insult and being labeled a nerd was a bad thing

now people use "autistic" to make fun of the really really nerdy guys. I've seen it being used more often now

Either that, or they call you a "Fedora guy" fedora has become the new "nerd"

UAYVVF3.jpg

Back