Goodbye to a great one.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAPPYBOY

Seat cushion Pimp
Reaction score
Sadly, I have been spending the last few days at the hospital watching my father-in-law slowly succomb to lung disease. His struggle is now over, and he is now most certainly in a better place. At 10:45 a.m. on Thursday April 10th he left us, only in body, for his wonderful spirit and amazing love shall forever be a part of our lives. Having lost my own father in April of 2005 it has hit the entire family with such strong emotions, we are all just trying to keep our minds focused on the wonderful people we have in our lives still.
Grab the ones you love every chance you get friends, hug them tight, and if they should ask you why, just respond with a smile "because I can".

Sadly, I have been spending the last few days at the hospital watching my father-in-law slowly succomb to lung disease. His struggle is now over, and he is now most certainly in a better place. At 10:45 a.m. on Thursday April 10th he left us, only in body, for his wonderful spirit and amazing love shall forever be a part of our lives. Having lost my own father in April of 2005 it has hit the entire family with such strong emotions, we are all just trying to keep our minds focused on the wonderful people we have in our lives still.
Grab the ones you love every chance you get friends, hug them tight, and if they should ask you why, just respond with a smile "because I can".

nicely put. my condolences

Sorry to hear about this man. :monkey2

I will hug my GF super tight tonight after hearing your advice...I don't think she will ask why though.

Sounds like he was well loved and will be missed. That in itself is a very successful life and hope you guys can find comfort and peace knowing that even though this can be a somber time.

Sorry to hear Happy. My thoughts and condolences to you and the family. Sounded like a very good man to have engendered such respect.

Wise words HAPPY well said mate.;)

Feeling u HAPPYBOY i lost my dad beginning of last year.Think about him everyday.:) Thoughts and prayers to you and your wife and the whole family.Head up mate and just be there for each other as im sure u will.

Last edited:
Amen, Happy. Sorry to hear of your loss, but thats the right attitude.

Every time I think of my dad I'm so happy I had him for 22 years.

Sorry to hear of your loss Happyboy. My thoughts are with you and your family. He was blessed to have such a loving family who will always remember him in a loving way...as it sounds you were all blessed to have had this great man in your lives. :duff

Back