Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neither Shimo or Skar King seemed like they were locked away or anything, they were there a long time surely they would have found the place with the portals long before, it doesn't seem like there was anything keeping them there.

Neither Shimo or Skar King seemed like they were locked away or anything, they were there a long time surely they would have found the place with the portals long before, it doesn't seem like there was anything keeping them there.
The thin plot...the answer we were looking for was..."the thin plot" :)

ps. I thought it was a super fun movie still!

I do feel like the script was probably rushed and he didn't have much of an inspiration for an idea of what to do for this.
On the positive side I think we got more Mothra screentime than she had in King of the Monsters lol

And refresh my memory - what changed that suddenly made Skar King, Shimo and company more of a threat to escape from there? Was that "energy veil" failing (the one the vet guy brought down as easily as brushing away some cobwebs)?
No clue. It’s like they could have done all this at any time.

Guess they had to wait until all the giant boulders were put in the right place.

I hate the lack of scale in hollow earth also. They really do just look like normal sized apes and lizards

Big climatic battle with super evil and powerful Shimo turned into this…

1711996476889.gif

Last edited:
No clue. It’s like they could have done all this at any time.

Guess they had to wait until all the giant boulders were put in the right place.

I hate the lack of scale in hollow earth also. They really do just look like normal sized apes and lizards
The Hollow Earth thing is my least favorite part of the Monsterverse by far. It should be enough that there are a bunch of giant freakin monsters roaming about. We don't need an additional underground fantasy world as well with magic portals and dinosaurs and giant crystals that control gravity somehow.

The Hollow Earth thing is my least favorite part of the Monsterverse by far. It should be enough that there are a bunch of giant freakin monsters roaming about. We don't need an additional underground fantasy world as well with magic portals and dinosaurs and giant crystals that control gravity somehow.
I’m ok with hollow earth minus the zero gravity of course lol

Remote uncharted islands would've been enough for me... That was always Kong's thing anyway...

The thin plot...the answer we were looking for was..."the thin plot" :)

ps. I thought it was a super fun movie still!
I think it was pretty up front that it was going to be a fun popcorn flick and not really a plot movie at all. The Monsterverse plot ship sailed with KotM, he plot is just a vehicle for the monster set-pieces. I felt it was a nice palate cleanser after Minus One, a dumb old school style Showa monster romp... But with a budget.

Shimo’s retarded plot ruined this movie.

Scar king was never going to be strong enough to take on Godzilla and Kong together so they paired him with Shimo with the lamest plot twist you saw coming a mile away that immediately deflated all of the tension and stakes required to land the 3rd act finale.

This truly is one of the ugliest 3rd act crash landing disappointments in quite a while.

I think it was pretty up front that it was going to be a fun popcorn flick and not really a plot movie at all. The Monsterverse plot ship sailed with KotM, he plot is just a vehicle for the monster set-pieces. I felt it was a nice palate cleanser after Minus One, a dumb old school style Showa monster romp... But with a budget.
You can be dumb without being stupid. :lol

Back