Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes we have officially entered BOBF territory :yess:
Yes. Yes we have, lol.

grant meme.jpg

Can there be any real expectations of a story beyond.....

1. Kong gets beat down by evil Ape
2. G gets beat down by evil Ape Hereby known as Vape.
3. Godzilla and KK team up to save Grape (son of kong)
4. Godzilla dies in the action making Kong new King of the Monsters.

Gotta bookmark this post for later reference.

Jeez are you guys still on about Gozilla and Kong running together.
You act like they did a jump high five or something.
I swear in 1975 or whenever you guys were young and brimming with passion you would have squeeled at the thought of Gozilla and Kong running together to fight some enemy.

Seriously lets go back in time here.
1954 is a serious Godzilla movie and by the third movie he is fighting a giant Gorilla.
Fast forward to Present day
Godzilla 2014 was sorta serious and by the third movie he's fighting a giant Monkey.

Now imagine being a fan in like 54 and seeing the GIGANTIC SHIFT in quality and tone. Yea compared to that it ain't that bad lol.

At the end of the day Godzilla is just that good of series that can do both scary and goofy. Histories most versitle character.

Can there be any real expectations of a story beyond.....

1. Kong gets beat down by evil Ape
2. G gets beat down by evil Ape Hereby known as Vape.
3. Godzilla and KK team up to save Grape (son of kong)
4. Godzilla dies in the action making Kong new King of the Monsters.

Gotta bookmark this post for later reference.

I can already tell you this won’t be completely right because evil Ape is the only nemesis they’re showing but not the only one in the movie.

I swear in 1975 or whenever you guys were young and brimming with passion you would have squeeled at the thought of Gozilla and Kong running together to fight some enemy.

1954 is a serious Godzilla movie and by the third movie he is fighting a giant Gorilla.
Godzilla 2014 was sorta serious and by the third movie he's fighting a giant Monkey.

Now imagine being a fan in like 54 and seeing the GIGANTIC SHIFT in quality and tone. Yea compared to that it ain't that bad lol.

At the end of the day Godzilla is just that good of series that can do both scary and goofy. Histories most versitle character.

Indeed, the serious films like Gojira and Minus One serve one value as a fan, and movies like Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster, GvK and now this serve another.

I enjoy everything Godzilla.

I can already tell you this won’t be completely right because evil Ape is the only nemesis they’re showing but not the only one in the movie.

Indeed, the serious films like Gojira and Minus One serve one value as a fan, and movies like Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster, GvK and now this serve another.

You watching Monarch?

Well…

the human drama can go from ok to cringe real quick and I honestly don’t know what it’s building up too
Aw crap...

My son and I have a running joke about each episode being 48 minutes of talking before two minutes of monster action at the end.

I even let out a grown when the episode three title came up "Secrets and Lies." I said I don't want secrets, I don't want lies. I want big ass monsters crushing stuff. And then my son goes uh oh remember the last show we watched that had "Secret" in the title...lol.

Totally fair and true. As older fans we want a more serious film, the youger people do not want all that serious stuff, they want fights and T and A, which is known to producers.

We cant all get what we want, but it would be nice to find a balance .....but balance is not usually a money maker.

It's not just the running but his long muscular arms look pretty ridiculous. In Godzilla 2014 he was a massive, lumbering kaiju with shorter arms that had much less definition. I think the arms were a bit longer/thicker in KoTM and GvK but nowhere near what we saw in this trailer. I doubt it but maybe it'll be explained in the movie, along with his new light-up feature (pink rather than blue). Hey, maybe in the previous movies it was prepubescent Godzilla? :lol

It's not just the running but his long muscular arms look pretty ridiculous. In Godzilla 2014 he was a massive, lumbering kaiju with shorter arms that had much less definition. I think the arms were a bit longer/thicker in KoTM and GvK but nowhere near what we saw in this trailer. I doubt it but maybe it'll be explained in the movie, along with his new light-up feature (pink rather than blue). Hey, maybe in the previous movies it was prepubescent Godzilla? :lol
actually I think the evolution theory has been mentioned before, so I am sure thats it.

But these films seem to prefer the "mystery" i.e lazy writing rather than adding a 1 sentence explanation for radical changes.

You watching Monarch?

Yes, it's had it's highs and lows so far. To me it seems more like the Kenobi series than a traditional tv series. It's one running story, like a movie, that's broken up over 10 episodes. Some of the episodes that are lacking by themselves might seem better when you can look at the whole they contributed too. It'd be like breaking a 2 hour movie into 10 pieces at 12 minutes each, some will be better pieces than others depending on which chunk you get.

At the end of the day Godzilla is just that good of series that can do both scary and goofy. Histories most versitle charac

Back