Godzilla vs King Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maul, your new Godzilla avy with the old Sith quote work oddly well together...

tumblr_m4h6a8iLpk1ru09vqo1_500.gif

In the universe they just created for Godzilla I fail to see how this could remotely work. Devil's post pretty much sums up what would happen, if Kong even made it to the top of the building.

I'm kind of bummed about this. Godzilla deserves his own universe. I'm guessing they will try to use godzilla 2 to set up the vs. I really wanted to see godzilla take out king ghidorah, mechagodzilla, gigantic, etc. This doesn't need to happen

I'm kind of bummed about this. Godzilla deserves his own universe. I'm guessing they will try to use godzilla 2 to set up the vs. I really wanted to see godzilla take out king ghidorah, mechagodzilla, gigantic, etc. This doesn't need to happen

King Kong's existed in Godzilla's universe since 1962. Plus, Godzilla's taken on all those monsters numerous times, and doubtless, will again. What's to be bummed about?

In the universe they just created for Godzilla I fail to see how this could remotely work. Devil's post pretty much sums up what would happen, if Kong even made it to the top of the building.
I have no knowledge of how Kong will be presented in his new movie. If he is a 350ft ape, so be it. I have no problem with that. I've always been more intrigued with the Toho concept than the original American concept. If he remains at 40ft or goes through some sort of mutation that catapults him up to Godzilla size for their battle, then I have an issue with that.

I always liked the idea that a giant Kong, a mammal, had to use his more advanced intellect and his agility to fight Godzilla because he had no special kaiju powers. There is at least a potential for more in close battling here as Kong tries to stay out of the path of Godzilla's atomic blast. Maybe he even finds a way to neutralize that by tying Godzilla's muzzle shut. Just throwing things out there. The Gargantuas is one of my favorite movies because of the fluid action you get in the battle scenes and they were true battles.

King Kong's existed in Godzilla's universe since 1962. Plus, Godzilla's taken on all those monsters numerous times, and doubtless, will again. What's to be bummed about?

I'm just not sure they are doing it correctly. They needed to establish 2014+ godzilla universe more. I feel that this move is more so forced. We'll see. They might as well crossover Pacific Rim too

I'm just not sure they are doing it correctly. They needed to establish 2014+ godzilla universe more. I feel that this move is more so forced. We'll see. They might as well crossover Pacific Rim too

To be fair, the original KING KONG vs GODZILLA was only Godzilla' third-ever appearance, and first appearance in color. By the time they do the remake, it will be Legendary Godzilla's third film as well. There's really nothing to lose.

True, but in Toho's franchise, the original Gojira was killed and there was no universe really, characters didn't really repeat ever, Dr. Yamane was one of few exceptions. Toho's Godzilla existed in a world that didn't need connection from movie to movie outside of knowing Godzilla existing and fearing him showing up. We never got to know the military and most we saw would eventually die, there was no Monarch type organization.

That said, I don't think the Legendary Universe needs more time, I just think they need to use caution and not fall victim to history of movies cramming too much a movie or forcing connections to future projects.

Maybe they are going with a different Kong all together. They will write a new story explaining his Godzilla-like size. This should be interesting.

LOL! Indeed. :hi5:

While they're at it, get Jet Jaguar a cameo!

3458951-csq8o.png

4284916-jetjaguar.jpg

This came up in another discussion I was involved in about this movie, I was thinking about it, and oddly, I will accept Mothra or Kumonga or Kamicuras at whatever size a studio opts to make them, animals not even a foot in size in the real world, but, a gorilla, which can grow to larger than man size, growing to 300 feet or even 200 feet is hard to accept, and I can't figure why.

Back