Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even think the tip of his tail got that bright when it was shooting his laser.

There is no red to be seen on the body either.

Shiny Godzilla lol

IMG_7004.jpg

rjszar told me awhile ago that some classic Godzilla pieces like that ran like $70-$80 each, kinda pricey for what they, though the full explosion dio one is tempting.

Posted these at Tohokingdom, figured I'd share here. NECA GMK isn't as nice as SHMA, but it could be better than it came. A common issue is the lower jaw seems to have been cast in the pink color of his inner mouth and the shipped figures have varying levels of pink showing through the skin tone paint on the outside. I also found that there was a fair amount of pink bleeding onto the teeth. The overall effect was the figure looked all gums, so I touched up the lower jaw and teeth and am much happier.

Here's a couple quick cell phone pics.

31139316460_96f0395f04_o.jpg

31472737956_8b71ab65df_o.jpg

31472737896_c596af2ce3_o.jpg

rjszar told me awhile ago that some classic Godzilla pieces like that ran like $70-$80 each, kinda pricey for what they, though the full explosion dio one is tempting.

Yeah, Cast makes some great stuff, but they are pricey and not easy to get if you don't know someone who will order them for you. I see them pop up on ebay, usually for double their original retail price. Never liked the fact that they were "ornaments". Stupid hanger messes them up.

If anybody wants to torture themselves seeing what Cast has to offer, here's the website. I think all of this stuff is available currently made to order. There is plenty of stuff that has been discontinued. At one time it was Iwakura.
https://cast-web.net/shop/

My wife and I collect the Dept 56 Christmas in the City NYC statues. We put them out at Christmas.

Gigantic Burning Godzilla feels right at home.

IMG_8472.jpg

IMG_8459.jpg

IMG_8465.jpg

IMG_8475.jpg

I can't afford it, but, seeing it in collector hands Nd getting a real sense of size, I would buy it if I could, a replica of the actual maquette from the movie and that large with that detail level, what a piece.

IMG_4542.jpg

After going through all the NECA Godzilla versions, I finally narrowed it down to Godzilla 2001, I think it has the perfect balance in terms of not looking too new and not too old school

Still deciding whether to unpackage it or not, looks good in the box

Back