Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think some are worse. Some also are improved I believe.

I think the '64 reissue had a very neat dirt effect painted into the sculpt which turned out beautiful.

The initial releases seemed to have lower quality but I guess once word got out x-plus typically made a couple subtle changes

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nothing concrete...but supposedly from Intel from dealers they have a list of about 9 Godzillas that they are going to release, which is interesting because there aren't that many 30cm left. So they might be getting 25cm too. But it's looking very likely that 2000, 1984, 2004 and 1992 will be coming down the pipeline.

If that is indeed the case, I'm down for Space Godzilla, Rodan, G-84, and G-2K for sure. I couldn't possibly care less about G-04 :yuck

Would love a re-re-release of GMK.

G2004 is actually nice in person but I understand that response lol. I'm waiting for a better GMK to come out. I'm not impressed with x-plus' offerings.

Didn't know that. West Kenji was a company that faded from the G-scene too soon. I only have their GMK Baragon and Gozi, but they made an awesome G-03 kit and a bunch of cool sofubi pieces.

They also made this cool '84 that I'm proud to own :)

5989542800_dde9fc8069_b.jpg

I do wonder if the '84 suit would be more popular if it had been used in multiple movies and they were able to be more consistent with it's look to carry the evil stare more than the sleepy look. I understand the distaste for how his eyes would look at times, and at others he was one of the most angry looking Godzilla's ever, but I also know the overall movie doesn't rank high with most fans and I feel like that ends up playing into opinions of the suit. Had they used the design in Biollante, maybe it would be different.

I have three G-84's in my collection - the original 6" Bandai, the 10" Kaiyodo, and the NECA. I really want the X-Plus, and hope for a Diamond re-release.

It'll come. I'm hearing the line kicks off again in October. Start saving...

I'll have my first '84 when my Dunk is finally finished.

the 10" Kaiyodo

I've had chances to get the one, but I just can't get over the proportions on it, it's not like the suit or the Cybot really, very tine spines, big head, it actually makes the NECA figure look in better proportion.

I do want the vintage Bandai some day, best price I've seen is $100 though which I don't have to just spend around.

I'll have my first '84 when my Dunk is finally finished.

Great one to start with!

Of the '84s I've seen exist and don't have, these 3 would be nice to own, X-Plus the most reali

kaibutsuya-1984godzilla-000.jpg

51v0kXDBShL.jpg

mm150.jpg

All 12" scale too, be nice to have a big one, I had the 10" X-Plus for a time but sold it, never really like it too much and with X-Plus aftermarket prices, I needed money and it was guaranteed good cash and meant less to me than other pieces I could sell.

Is the first one the dunk?? I thought he'd be more rice Krispy treat looking

Is the first one the dunk?? I thought he'd be more rice Krispy treat looking

It's the Kaibutsuya kit that Dunk is molded from. Apparently DUNK is being called ARCO and releasing the 84 again as a 50 piece release at Wonderfest, cast in orange, but who cares once it's painted.

Not sure where the whole Rice Krispies thing came from, I've never seen that in him.

These are from an eBay auction for a resin cast of the sculpt, not sure if original Kaibutsuya or what, you can never tell with eBay.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Some other shots from the web.

17347799626_ac86718983_z.jpg

17185956128_4527c514bb_z.jpg

He looks great with those in-hand photos. I love the detail.

84 always looked like he wasn't done growing yet. Like he's still growing into his head and feet. Lol he can be massive for all we know

Back