Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a playstation?

got rid of it. :gah:

You can find region free bootlegs, key is to get one with the original
Japanese cut included, I got a six disc set myself, but it's all nearly VHS quality, the Japanese cut looks good but still waiting for a legit release.

Japanese cut it is.

Grazie.

So I haven't taken the usual Darkness Collection photo of my G14 because I plan to touch it up, but here's a few photos I grabbed for fun.

You can view the full album here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741833.532016576869700&type=1&l=25ba1f6769

godzilla__2014____king_of_the_monsters_by_mikallica-d85k7tr.jpg

godzilla__2014____profile_shot_by_mikallica-d85k7si.jpg

godzilla__2014____balanced_fighter_by_mikallica-d85k7r7.jpg

godzilla__2014____bellow_by_mikallica-d85k7q8.jpg

godzilla__2014____spiny_tail_whip_by_mikallica-d85k7oz.jpg

godzilla__2014____roar__by_mikallica-d85k7n5.jpg

godzilla__2014____stare_down_by_mikallica-d85k7l2.jpg

godzilla__2014____stomp_by_mikallica-d85k7jb.jpg

godzilla__2014____epic_by_mikallica-d85k7fj.jpg

There's a great ferocity to the SHMA 2014, no doubt, though the odd red around his mouth looks bad, almost like the old Imperial Godzilla.

4112819571_4fbff93faf_b.jpg

Very nice photos though, great mood to the lighting.

I still love my Imperial and Trendmasters Godzilla figure despite the quality of other figures I have now. Despite feelings about the movie I still even like my Toy Biz Zilla. I loved the Taco Bell ads in 98 and it was fun imagining what Godzilla would look like, though I'm glad the 2014 was revealed more before the movie hit theaters.

I love Godzilla so much, to this day I still have a laminated clipping of the 54 from the local paper. I remember it all clearly too, it was an ad about power line safety for kids and used Godzilla to make it fun, there was no internet or books back then so I thought it was so cool to have a picture of Godzilla, I then took it to show and tell in kindergarten and my teacher was so nice she laminated it for me so it wouldn't ruin.

I won't push it on him, but I really hope my son gets into Godzilla so it can be something we share together, he already got mesmerized watching 2014 with me so I'm hopeful, that and Stallone movies, that's what my dad and I have and it'd mean a lot to keep that going.

I had (still have) all of those trend masters G toys (except Anguirus…could never find him :gah:) It's been fun to - in a way - collect all those characters again, in SHMA form and compare them. I still love my trend masters spacegodzilla. His colors are awesome. :lol

I used to have newspaper clippings from the 98 Godzilla movie thumbtacked to my wall. This was before I had the internet, so it was my only information circuit. I was so excited when that movie was coming out. I even had an article that showed a "leaked" photo of one of the toys that was put on the shelf early by accident. It gave me a very undetailed glimpse of Zilla. I couldn't really tell from the pic how not Godzilla he looked…but at that point it didn't matter. i was blinded by excitement.

I don't have kids…but I have nephews. I sent them a couple Godzilla toys for their birthday this year. along with the legos they actually asked for :lol Hopefully they get into destroying their lego cities with their awesome new Godzilla toys :yess:

I used to live and die by G-Fan as my go-to Godzilla source. I loved going through those page by page and the incredible artwork. Speaking of, I liked this photo very much.

22fc252351d46aea9b49bc5b07ac1adc.jpg

I enjoy opening toys as much as my son does. :lol

Wife just shakes her head. :lol

Actually, not one of my brothers and sisters collect toys.

I am the black sheep. :lol

After several unsuccessful sessions of trying to straighten out my 12"Neca 2014, I have resorted to a more aggressive approach.Specifically,I dis-assembled him(partially).Interesting construction,All the joints use a "bar-bell"connector that I frankly had never dealt with before(this,from a 15 year veteran of the toy prototyping industry). Anyway,a bit of heat and direct manipulation have loosened and straightened the offending limbs. I almost think he'd function as an animation model now(almost).Nice to find that my skills haven't deteriorated too much after 8 years away from the business...PS

Godzilla (2014) Darkness update!

godzilla%202014%20pose.jpg

Since the last batch of photos uploaded, this one has been touched up with some paint on the teeth, snout, and chin. It looks pretty good with a little enhancements!

godzilla__2014____paint_touch_up_by_mikallica-d85nlvs.jpg

Godzilla (2014) Darkness update!

godzilla%202014%20pose.jpg

Since the last batch of photos uploaded, this one has been touched up with some paint on the teeth, snout, and chin. It looks pretty good with a little enhancements!

godzilla__2014____paint_touch_up_by_mikallica-d85nlvs.jpg

Love your photos....
But the bottom one looks as if he was in the middle of counting and someone has interrupted an OCD tooth brushing session ;)

After several unsuccessful sessions of trying to straighten out my 12"Neca 2014, I have resorted to a more aggressive approach.Specifically,I dis-assembled him(partially).Interesting construction,All the joints use a "bar-bell"connector that I frankly had never dealt with before(this,from a 15 year veteran of the toy prototyping industry). Anyway,a bit of heat and direct manipulation have loosened and straightened the offending limbs. I almost think he'd function as an animation model now(almost).Nice to find that my skills haven't deteriorated too much after 8 years away from the business...PS

That must've been a fun occupation!
Looks like my bar bell joint caught on....I didn't invent it of course, I just randomly coined it "bar bell" since I didn't know what the manufacturers called it....but they should call it that :) even if they did already have a name....of course it's similar to the double ball joint assembly used in many stop motion puppets, but with less range of motion.....

Now if only neca utilized the barbell joint they copied from sh monsterarts and used in in their other lines....prevent their crappy breaking joints from occurring all the time especially on their alien / predator lines!

Back