Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it better than the custom ...
I'm actually glad that the first set of pics aren't the reissue--I prefer the subtler spray paint on the actual paintmaster to the dry brushed application on the custom.....

I have the original, and I like this one too…I've kind of resigned myself to collecting everything from the monster arts line (except the Alien/predator stuff) so I think I have to get this :lol

I'm a fan of Sakai's design, I love the big Banpresto I have, but I also prefer a more traditional color scheme like his original maquette and this new paint to the film version, the purple spines were neat but it just seemded fake, Godzilla's spines have usually felt like an organic part of his body, so purpose crystals just felt out of place.

Here is a pic of my Sakai with his X-Plus brothers. I also did some paint work on my NECA 14, and I painted the claws on my X-Plus 62 re-issue. I also threw in a pic of my GBG and my SHMA figures. Sorry bout some of the pics being blurry.

Attachments

• 100_3747.JPG
    100_3747.JPG
    813.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 100_3751.JPG
    100_3751.JPG
    448 KB · Views: 194
  • 100_3691.JPG
    100_3691.JPG
    476.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 100_3753.JPG
    100_3753.JPG
    537.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 100_3754.JPG
    100_3754.JPG
    411.7 KB · Views: 192
that shot of 62 facing away looks like something out of a movie, cool shots. I've never bought x-plus figures. Are they lightweight and hollow? I hope they reissue the g2k figure. Which is the better figure 68 or 62? Pros and cons?

Since my 68 pics went over so well.....:lol here's some I took with my 62.

15616214932_831678df4a_b.jpg

Beautiful pix!

This is such an iconic shot for me....
Like the first photo of G ever etched into my memory.....

It's what made 62 my first definitive godzilla and is my favorite of the pre heisei bunch

that shot of 62 facing away looks like something out of a movie, cool shots. I've never bought x-plus figures. Are they lightweight and hollow? I hope they reissue the g2k figure. Which is the better figure 68 or 62? Pros and cons?
Thanks!! That's what I was shooting for. You can see some of my 68 Godzilla on the prior page that looks similiar in style to these pics. I also have Gamera pics that I will post next. To answer your questions...Yes these figures are lightweight and hollow but sturdy at the same time if that makes sense. I personally love both the 62 and 68 here but I have a little more nostalgia feelings for the 68 look since thats what I remember more as a kid. He looked goofy and the Xplus figure captures that look so well. :lol

Beautiful pix!

This is such an iconic shot for me....
Like the first photo of G ever etched into my memory.....

It's what made 62 my first definitive godzilla and is my favorite of the pre heisei bunch
Thanks!! I agree and I hope they make the 62 Kong to go with him. :)

I am exhausted.

Finally met all 3 living suit actors from 54 - 2004 today at Chiller in NJ.

What an honor that was, I am still blown away by it all.

Pics hopefully tonight, if I don't pass out first.

Last edited:
Back