Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Les was kind enough to let me know, very excited, 84 :rock

i m genuinely happy for you they made the 84 . it sucks that its not the 30cm series but the 25 cm is nothing to sneeze at. make sure you lock one down .

not sure if this was posted yet .here is a glimpse of what the new G may look like

Article
https://www.collider.com/2010/05/06/first-image-new-godzilla-legendary-pictures/

New-Godzilla-movie-image-Legendary-Pictures-Warner-Bros-2-600x412.jpg

New-Godzilla-movie-image-Legendary-Pictures-Warner-Bros-3.jpg

New-Godzilla-movie-image-Legendary-Pictures-Warner-Bros-1.jpg

New-Godzilla-movie-image-Legendary-Pictures-Warner-Bros-slice.jpg

It's interesting, and more closer to Toho G than Tristar's, but something about the face doesn't quite work for me. Also hoping, if that is a maquette for it, they're not leaning to an almost T-Rex posture again, standing up like a human or it's not Godzilla.

Now if they'd just do Godzilla himself, my guess would be Godzilla 1964 or 1965 based on the Rodan and Mothra, though could do 1974 for Angillas too.

<3 Godzilla. Without it I wouldn't be sideshow freak. That damn lizard lead me to collect sideshow james bond. Now I'm into marvel and hot toys. I got a pretty nifty collection. Will post picture soon

For production paint apps, they really do a great job. Can't wait for the 84 to ship at the end of the month. At this point, 54 is probably the on other one i'd get from X-Plus, and at 10-12 inches, it'd have to be really awesome for me to pay cuz my 11 inch Banpresto is one of the best 54s ever.

84godzi_LL01.jpg

Really like him from this angle, bring on October :rock

As one of my favorite Gs, does anyone else think there is something "off" with the head??

I really wish I could get these internet exclusives, he comes with the Super X!!!

Can't wait for a 30Cm King Ghidorah!

It's flawed, it's not as good as Sakai's sculpt for the 8" Kaiyodo kit, but it's one of the better representations of the '84 suit that's been made, and it's fairly accessible compared to some kits that were very limited and impossible to track down.

Its so refreshing to see that there are other Godzilla collectors out here. The fandom hasn't been the same for years now and clubtokyo seemed to be the only place around.

I'd like to see a Meg and 74 G with a new 25cm Gigan to get that whole crew going (JJ is coming out already)

not sure if this was posted yet .here is a glimpse of what the new G may look like

Article
https://www.collider.com/2010/05/06/first-image-new-godzilla-legendary-pictures/

New-Godzilla-movie-image-Legendary-Pictures-Warner-Bros-2-600x412.jpg

New-Godzilla-movie-image-Legendary-Pictures-Warner-Bros-3.jpg

New-Godzilla-movie-image-Legendary-Pictures-Warner-Bros-1.jpg

New-Godzilla-movie-image-Legendary-Pictures-Warner-Bros-slice.jpg

I grew up watching Godzilla. But to tell you the truth, I really like
this new head. It looks more organic, like it could be in the real world.
That has been something that Godzilla never had except a little in the
Matthew Brodirick farce. I know that was part of the charm of all
the Godzilla movies, knowing it was a guy in a suit..:) And I'll most likely get
blasted for saying this; but I would love to see a big budget blockbuster
Godzilla Movie, with some great actors and superior CG effects mixed
with real suit and/or models.

So let-er rip.......:thwak

Last edited:
That design is in no way associated with the new movie, confirmed by one of the guys behind the new movie, so enjoy it for what it is, but don't expect to see that design on the big screen.

Back