Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man really love the look of the base and light up effect, but is it worth it for the extra $500, that's the question! I'm still more than happy with the Standard, hope nothing gets damaged during shipping.

Yeah, $575 difference between the reg is a bit too much for just the base and light-up functions unless that extra frozen cube is a humongous piece and also has a light-up feature. You could buy both a X-plus gigantic and a deforeal with that money.

Edit: Maybe there's 2 sets of heads for the deluxe? one light-up and one regular?

Might be worth it if they do come with the extra heads and necks like they've previously shown. Wonder if that's been canned or not. I think I'll spend the extra $575 on that Gigantic Burning G19 later this year instead, it would be the wiser decision :).

According to Rubyx the Legendary pack would include the extra heads, gravity beams and a base.

Also, took screencaps from Ruby's video and it looks awesome!

Smart YouTube TV_20200327_224900.jpg
Smart YouTube TV_20200327_225033.jpg

As awesome as this is, I just can't spend that much for it. It's gotten to the point where it's not uncommon for me to order pieces costing four figures.... this, P1 endo and possibly the Arnold figure as well, the Iron Studios JP diorama and the Sentinels. It's out of hand.

What kills me is this is the only piece to officially incorporate Fenway Park, but just Ghidorah isn't worth it, would be nice to have a statue of Godzilla and Ghidorah locked in battle in Fenway. Maybe some day I can find a Fenway model that's scaled to NECA.

"It's either me or the statue." Lol!

why-not-both-gif-16.jpg
But yeah the statue looks magnificent and to think they are working on a Burning Godzilla 2019 too just like X-Plus is doing, makes my excitement go through the roof even in this challenging time.

Didn't know this was out! NECA's retooled 1985 Godzilla. Found a really great comparison video below. Looks like aside from updated fins, wrist hinges were added, retooled neck piece, and maybe a sightly sized up head/jaw. I never got the original because I didn't like the green/blue hue so this works out. OK, ya got me NECA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57cV1kXLcZM

I'm seeing some in hand footage of the Mtime Studio light up Godzilla 2019 statue on Insta and it does look glorious!
[video]https://www.picuki.com/media/2268396575862619484[/video]
Really makes me wanna get it now..

I'm seeing some in hand footage of the Mtime Studio light up Godzilla 2019 statue on Insta and it does look glorious!
[video]https://www.picuki.com/media/2268396575862619484[/video]
Really makes me wanna get it now..

Im so tempted by that, but shudder at the possible shipping costs.

I'm aware Godzilla fans generally despise the 98 film, but has there been any recent merch from that license?

I watched that again a few weeks ago for the first time since I saw it in theaters; yeah it wasn't good lol. I was hoping the monster action would be better than I remember but it wasn't, I think the CGI held up better than I thought it would though.

Speaking of the Deforeal line:

G74_Defo_1_large.jpg

G74_Defo_2_11399456-0e4a-4238-910e-a2c33463ef0d_large.jpg

The first one is the Ric exclusive, I was looking forward to the '74 but not really a fan of this pose at all. I've gotten the rest of the Showa era ones they've released, but may pass on this one.

I was ultimately disappointed in the '74 as well. What I really want though - is a '65 DefoReal with a mini Planet X Flying Saucer...

Got the Neca 1985/Return of Godzilla figure. Really like it but I wish it came with atomic breath. They ALL should at this point. Also, a bit aggravating, the paint on my leg appears to have been applied after assembly. When I moved the leg out at the hip, it was just black plastic showing. :gah:

20200424_114938(1).jpg
20200424_115820(1).jpg
20200424_121039(1).jpg

I have the first run of that figure, and definitely like the more matte paint better on the figure but just don't feel like spending another $25 on it.

Back