Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First layer done on my MMS Ghidorah, next step is eyes mouth and teeth, then once those are good, dry brushing the gold on, this should be dark enough to make the texture pop.

1CD048A9-0869-4B2B-9EC5-D7715E887B0B.jpg

Anyone getting the 18” Ultimate skull Island Kong by Mezco? I think it’s amazing, I just POd it at BBTS. I’ve been waiting for that one for a while. I love how it’s stylized but intense and animated.

hey! total noob to godzilla collectibles here. Can anyone give me a beginners guide to the Neca figures? I've only seen the 1954, 1998, 2014 movies and super hyped about KOTM. The Xplus stuff look amazing but way out of my price range. Also really really like the look of the 2001 Godzilla.

Maybe a top 5?

So far just thinking about sourcing

1. 1954
2. 1962 (Godzilla vs Kong)
3. 24 HTT 2014 Godzilla ( Should i just get the 6' versions?)

Last edited:
Beyond that list, GMK would be the next I'd mention, the mouth just throws off the face, I repainted mine but it still didn't work for me

I picked up the 2019 from GameStop yesterday, didn't have much time to really check it out when I got home, some features are a step up from their 2014, there are some aspects I like better on the 2014, but definitely a figure worth getting, can't wait for their Rodan and Mothra.

Beyond that list, GMK would be the next I'd mention, the mouth just throws off the face, I repainted mine but it still didn't work for me

I picked up the 2019 from GameStop yesterday, didn't have much time to really check it out when I got home, some features are a step up from their 2014, there are some aspects I like better on the 2014, but definitely a figure worth getting, can't wait for their Rodan and Mothra.

Im gonna be on th elook out for 19. I saw some of them alot of them have eye issues. but the paint looks like a huuuge step up in quality over the 14.

Unfortunately the 2019 has proven, at least with early production, to be a definite pick it up in person figure.

4E791755-9016-4312-9253-00BFDCC878E6.jpeg

I got lucky that my eye paint is clean, but I'm not sure I'm overall happy with it, the iris they're painting seems smaller than the prototype, so much more white is showing and the white is very bright. I painted my JAKKS with all orange and no white showing, may do that to the NECA, not sure yet.

6dt36zi.jpg

yeah im gonna have to pick and choose mine too... I just picked up the 12 inch (24 HTT) 2014 reissue... just had to. Amazon had same day shipping, might have overpaid at 61$ though.

I think that's a reasonable price, that sounds about what I paid when I got it in 2014, it was $54.99 before shipping and such I think.

One caution, maybe the reissue is better, the original release was prone to warped spines on his back you had to heat and bend back to shape because of how he was packaged. In trying to keep the box size down for cost purposes, NECA packaged it in a way that didn't necessarily suit the figure.

Overall I love the 24" HTT, really hope they do a 2019 version. My only issues with it are, for some reason, the gap between his upper body and his lower shows more than it does on the 12" HTT, and I'd hoped that the detail on the face would be a bit better, particularly the teeth, but it's just the small one upscaled.

It's the most accurate Legendary sculpt out there though, and for the price you can't beat it for a 12" tall version. X-Plus plus looks sharper, but it's a little less accurate and of course costs significantly more.

I think that's a reasonable price, that sounds about what I paid when I got it in 2014, it was $54.99 before shipping and such I think.

One caution, maybe the reissue is better, the original release was prone to warped spines on his back you had to heat and bend back to shape because of how he was packaged. In trying to keep the box size down for cost purposes, NECA packaged it in a way that didn't necessarily suit the figure.

Overall I love the 24" HTT, really hope they do a 2019 version. My only issues with it are, for some reason, the gap between his upper body and his lower shows more than it does on the 12" HTT, and I'd hoped that the detail on the face would be a bit better, particularly the teeth, but it's just the small one upscaled.

It's the most accurate Legendary sculpt out there though, and for the price you can't beat it for a 12" tall version. X-Plus plus looks sharper, but it's a little less accurate and of course costs significantly more.

yeah i've been watching it on amazon for the last couple of weeks. at one point when i first started watching it it was as low as 49.50, but i didnt jump on and they bumped the price to 54.99 but they had a instock date of 5/22 and arrival date of 5/26... so as soon as i saw the same day shipping for $61 i just had to do it.

I dont mind the warped dorsal fins, its common with the Neca Predators. Also plan on repainting one also sharping the teeth. I'll post some pictures when i do.

I’m not sure when, but I’ll be repainting mine. It’s not cheap to replace so I’ve been working out my paint process on cheaper ones, first the Bandai vinyl 10” and then the JAKKS 12” 2019, which I’m very happy with the results, so NECA is coming.

Speaking of which, for $20 if you spot a JAKKS 12” 2019 at Walmart, I recommend it, sculpt is great and with a nice repaint and filling in some screw holes, you can have a really nice display piece for less than the price of a NECA.

Anyone getting the 18” Ultimate skull Island Kong by Mezco? I think it’s amazing, I just POd it at BBTS. I’ve been waiting for that one for a while. I love how it’s stylized but intense and animated.

I have the 2 smaller ones but passing on the large one. Main reason is it's too big, but also if I have a big Kong, I'd rather it be a '33 or '76 version. Has the cartoon even come out? I haven't seen it at all.

Just found out 2019 Neca Godzilla was already released and pictures online looks worthy. Just did a store pick up order at gamestop

I'm sticking with the Monsterarts although I am tempted to get the Neca just to have one to touch up.

Back