Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard that Famous Monsters of Filmland has taken over as the official U.S. distributor of X-Plus. I think they're going to announce it at SDCC.

This past week I had the chance to collaborate with Gulliver's Gate and bring a whole bunch of toys to shoot on their models. One of which I brought was my Neca Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla figure. So I wanted to share some of the shots with you guys! I have more shots planned there inthe coming weeks. Its been a lot of fun to play around on these giant dioramas.

MEUtodq.jpg

c2NadYL.jpg

szNUa0e.jpg

LXA81FB.jpg

OBvSu7Q.jpg

Some more shots of the locations

6hC0lum.jpg

5oHMxVd.jpg

e6OoKGW.jpg

I reckon this is the Art Spirits 2019. Glad it's not just a toyish, Bandai-esque solid color like in the first official photos.

I'm getting confused with all the names…the article said it's the "PLEX (aka X-Plus) Godzilla" and the placard for the figure says "Manufactured by Plex Co. LTD Distributed by Artspirits. Maybe Artspirts makes some and distributes others? Maybe I'm being dense. lol

Licenses get confusing, like technically Kong Skull island pieces from x-Plus are sold as Star Ace and not X-Plus.

I'm getting confused with all the names…the article said it's the "PLEX (aka X-Plus) Godzilla" and the placard for the figure says "Manufactured by Plex Co. LTD Distributed by Artspirits. Maybe Artspirts makes some and distributes others? Maybe I'm being dense. lol

I've seen Plex on a lot of companies' releases, so I tend to ignore it. Not a specific-enough name for people to know the exact brand you're talking about. As for how it all actually works, no idea.

So nothing from Neca except the '64? Which I like but was hoping for at least 2 Goji related things.

A Destroyah figure I can afford! But I'll probably pass; I have limited space and they're kind of working their way through the non-Godzilla characters I don't want haha.

I wanted to post some SDCC stuff I saw:

Bg4GIF1.jpg

These 2 have been on preorder a bit but I wasn't sure how big they were, my hand is on the glass and it's a few inches out but they're a nice size. They're also doing Godzilla and Rodan, I think Mechagodzilla too but he wasn't on display to recreate the poster:

6NGefdT.jpg

6NfNi4q.jpg

Diamond Select also showed off this Godzilla bust, sorry for the crappy pics but I thought it looked great in person:

enfoFb9.jpg

F407aDT.jpg

Lastly they had a 65th anniversary thing going on where you could take a picture with a large Godzilla, the line took forever and the Con was ending so I didn't get to do it, but they had some actual props on hand:

The actual oxygen destroyer!

WyCfbFe.jpg

Mothra!

YEEAUgo.jpg

King Ghidorah!

ItuifrG.jpg

Destroyah!

xDyZ3h2.jpg

And the Super X-II and a building from Shin Godzilla:

YSLM3T2.jpg

I'lll probably pick it up also, I had gotten a couple of them before on bluray, and have the Criterion of the original, but having all would be nice. I had many of them on DVD also when whoever put them out like 10 years ago or whenever that was. Even though they weren't historians and some were just reading info, I liked having the commentaries that were put together for those.

I'm not usually one to point this type of thing out, but doesn't the cover art of Godzilla look like a Heisei era Godzilla?

Back