Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those of us with long memories(old farts)recall that the Aurora kit was originally cast in FUSCIA plastic(Don't ask).The box art DID have him green,though...PS
That is true. I remember many movie posters had him green. All my old super 8 reel boxes probably depicted him in green. The old Aurora model was molded in green plastic. Of course, the people depicting him that way were probably seeing green too as I already stated.

That's really neat. Awesome for the true 25cm collectors. Nothing beats a complete DAM setup.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Well, it's not complete yet. At the very least they still have to do a 25cm Kumonga. You can cheat and use the 58 Varan (no differences) and 65 Baragon (different horn). They did repaint the 67 Gorosaurus in DAM colors as an exclusive, so if you're a stickler for accuracy like me, you're good. I just hope we don't have to wait years to get a spider now.

10424267_1160260584004115_5223171539367024451_n.jpg

I'd like to have both of this. I hope one of my friends is going to that convention.

Kumonga was a 30cm?

He was part of the 25 cm line, but he's pretty big, so he displays fairly well with the 30 cm line also.

Kumonga was a 30cm?

Wow, that was a brain fart. No he wasn't, but as Boba Ben stated, it was so big, it could have been. Okay then, mission accomplished, although as with Baragon and Varan, it's a bit of a cheat. The Kumonga released was the 67 from Son of Godzilla. It had blue/purple eyes. The one in DAM had red eyes.

Got my X-Plus 95 Godzilla yesterday. In hand, it's not horrible. Not sure what happened in the neck/head area. Maybe it warped in the molding process. Not sure if it will help, but I'm going to try really heating it up with a hair dryer and see if I can reshape it a bit. Not too hopeful though. The 95 is probably my second favorite suit ,and now, along with the Gigantic, X-Plus has put out two real misses on this. I know the Gigantic is stylized and all, but now I have to hope they do a 30cm version, and this time let it be a Sakai sculpt.

Wow, that was a brain fart. No he wasn't, but as Boba Ben stated, it was so big, it could have been. Okay then, mission accomplished, although as with Baragon and Varan, it's a bit of a cheat. The Kumonga released was the 67 from Son of Godzilla. It had blue/purple eyes. The one in DAM had red eyes.
Very good attention to detail. I forgot kumonga was different between films.

Got my X-Plus 95 Godzilla yesterday. In hand, it's not horrible. Not sure what happened in the neck/head area. Maybe it warped in the molding process. Not sure if it will help, but I'm going to try really heating it up with a hair dryer and see if I can reshape it a bit. Not too hopeful though. The 95 is probably my second favorite suit ,and now, along with the Gigantic, X-Plus has put out two real misses on this. I know the Gigantic is stylized and all, but now I have to hope they do a 30cm version, and this time let it be a Sakai sculpt.
A lot of people saying in-hand it isn't too bad but I know once this suit is finally nailed (probably in the sakai line) people will go nuts for one.

Okay, I'm seeing reviews for the NECA '54, and some of the paint jobs are making me cringe. The raw prototype sculpt we saw by David Silva looked great, but somehow after being mass manufactured and painted... It just doesn't look quite as exciting as I hoped. :(

Godzilla's a funny animal. I'd actually prefer something with less articulation if it meant we could get rid of some of those unsightly gaps.

yup neca paint is very hit and miss, always avoid ordering a neca figure online for that reason.

local barnes and noble has the repaint 2000 shma, stoked to get one. def rather it be movie color but still a amazing sculpt and will be great in collect.:clap

A lot of people saying in-hand it isn't too bad but I know once this suit is finally nailed (probably in the sakai line) people will go nuts for one.

This is the Sakai 45cm resin kit he did sometime back. If you can find one it can run close to 2500.00us. Very accurate I think it would make a excellent x-plus figure
194acedb66eae00fd05022b74bac36c9.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I was going to post a picture of that one. That's what should have been used originally instead of the Kaibutsuya. I wouldn't want it released now though. It's dated as far as Sakai's work goes. That was done back in 95. Twenty years later, he's a level or two above that. I only want Sakai at his best.

Absolutely!!!! Look at the early kaiyodo vinyl kits he did especially his 20cm 68. I still think his 45cm 95 is very accurate and would love to have one wheatear it be a resin kit or prepainted vinyl figure.

Sakai's worst still beats a lot of people's best.

Absolutely true. I would have loved this if they had released this as their Gigantic Burning G originally. No brainer. All I'm saying is that I don't want a second version, which they wouldn't do right now anyway, which doesn't really excite me. One so so incarnation is enough for me. (Actually two if you count the just released 25cm version). These things aren't easy to display and some of you have seen my collection. I'll keep buying X-Plus, but I groan every time a figure is just a nice try. I have too many of those. That's why when I buy models, I rarely buy anything but Sakai, Asai or Niwa. They are the masters.

It's a shame so much of Sakai's work seems to be very limited private sales through Zokei Kobo, or SHMA which are nice but expensive for such small figures. It's promising that X-Plus is tapping into him, even if they release existing work and not new sculpts, he's done so many amazing pieces. I'd love to see a 12" or larger '54 from them based on one of his sculpts. I love my Banpresto but it does suffer a bit from being a toy prize and not a high end kit.

Picked this up over the weekend at DragonCon. I was pretty happy. I can pair him up with the XPlus figure. I just love the look of the '64.

image.jpg

Back