Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
y5ymy6e4.jpg

*lifts jaw off floor*

Midnight.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I know it's still distorted, but he looks slimmed down from the movie. Cool for those who don't care but it's a shame.

I know it's still distorted, but he looks slimmed down from the movie. Cool for those who don't care but it's a shame.

I get that impression from most of the SHMA figures, honestly. I feel like they spoiled us with their gymrat Spacegodzilla so that by the time X-Plus put out their version, everyone was convinced he was too fat. :slap

I get that impression from most of the SHMA figures, honestly. I feel like they spoiled us with their gymrat Spacegodzilla so that by the time X-Plus put out their version, everyone was convinced he was too fat. :slap

That totally worked on me lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I've seen Sakai post early sculpt shots, it seems like he sculpts things accurrate but by the time SHMA adds in the articulation, things get slimmed down.

I've seen Sakai post early sculpt shots, it seems like he sculpts things accurrate but by the time SHMA adds in the articulation, things get slimmed down.

Okay, now I want the link to his blog... :wink1:

I have a question the so called PURE Godzilla figures that Monsterarts have released till date according to Film chronology are

1. 1964 G vs Mothra
2. Burning/Meltdown Godzilla and Rebirth Godzilla from Godzilla vs Destoroyh
3. Godzilla 2000

My question is are Meltdown Godzilla and Rebirth Godzilla essentially the same sculpt with minor changes for meltdown look? Becuase honestly in the film G Jr absorbs the radiation to become the new G. They didnt make a new costume of the new G did they? Or are they considered two completely different sculpt/costumes

Im asking as Id like to collect one look of each different Godzilla suit from the start to the new one.

Thanks

I have a question the so called PURE Godzilla figures that Monsterarts have released till date according to Film chronology are

1. 1964 G vs Mothra
2. Burning/Meltdown Godzilla and Rebirth Godzilla from Godzilla vs Destoroyh
3. Godzilla 2000

My question is are Meltdown Godzilla and Rebirth Godzilla essentially the same sculpt with minor changes for meltdown look? Becuase honestly in the film G Jr absorbs the radiation to become the new G. They didnt make a new costume of the new G did they? Or are they considered two completely different sculpt/costumes

Im asking as Id like to collect one look of each different Godzilla suit from the start to the new one.

Thanks

Yea that's right, it's just burning G minus the burning. They also made a figure from Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2 which was the first godzilla released. So there's four sculpts out there.

Here are the monsterarts Godzillas based on film suits.

69662d1362154565-s-h-monsterarts-godzilla-1964-1zilla5.jpg

TOY-TOK-2300_042.jpg

1995 - Adult

s-h-monster-arts-godzilla-95-ver_02.jpg

1995 - Adult Junior

BANDAI_SH_MONSTERARTS_GODZILLA_1995_02.jpg

All 4 different sculpts, though adult junior is like a mix of pieces but still, not just a different paint of the '95.

Here's a shot of Sakai's '94 and '95 sculpts in raw form.

photo.jpg

So wait the 1994 and 95 are the same Godzilla with different articulation.. so basically its just 3 figures/sculpts/looks of Godzilla which is unique

Because the Monsterart write up says its the 94 with the articulation of the 95

So wait the 1994 and 95 are the same Godzilla with different articulation.. so basically its just 3 figures/sculpts/looks of Godzilla which is unique

Because the Monsterart write up says its the 94 with the articulation of the 95

The 95 is bulkier than the 94. They're different sculpts.

Back