Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Godilla's Revenge is hilarious, even when I was a kid. The last place you would think about hearing a message about 'bullying' is in a Godzilla movie. :lol

And Godzilla vs Megalon...
I don't know if this company, Tokyo Shock, knows what they're doing. They didn't release nearly enough Destroy All Monsters on BR and now, all the scalpers are taking advantage. :(
Let's see if GvsM is any different.

One thing I find funny with the old G movies is when they had a new suit but would recycle old footage because in those days there was no home video and people hadn't seen the prior film in years so they expected people to not notice, but with VHS and then DVD/BR, you can, like Megalon uses a clip of Godzilla diving into water from G vs the Sea Monster, two completely different suits, then later reuses a lot of G vs Gigan footage for when he fights Gigan.

One thing I find funny with the old G movies is when they had a new suit but would recycle old footage because in those days there was no home video and people hadn't seen the prior film in years so they expected people to not notice, but with VHS and then DVD/BR, you can, like Megalon uses a clip of Godzilla diving into water from G vs the Sea Monster, two completely different suits, then later reuses a lot of G vs Gigan footage for when he fights Gigan.

Yup, and it's a LOL moment when you catch it. :D

Sometimes they wouldn't even have a new G suit to use. Toho had to re-use a previous suit that's been worn several times over. You can tell because the suit is literally falling apart. You can see material hanging off the arms when Godzilla raises his hands. :lol

I remember the fight footage from the Ghidrah film being reused over and over too. Having seen all of the films as a child with good memory, I actually felt a little cheated. :mad:

Yup..cop out filmmaking at times. I was pissed when the entire fight sequences from Ghidrah/DAM happened again in Godzilla vs. Gigan

Yup..cop out filmmaking at times. I was pissed when the entire fight sequences from Ghidrah/DAM happened again in Godzilla vs. Gigan

Seriously... and to add to the insult, they actually gave Godzilla a voice in Godzilla vs Gigan!! Yeah, that's right G fans.

Sorry to have to bring that up after all these years, after you've buried it into the deepest corners of your memory, but you'll recall... Godzilla f00king talks!! Like, WTF!!!! :slap :thud: :horror :gah:

:exactly::mad:

Seriously... and to add to the insult, they actually gave Godzilla a voice in Godzilla vs Gigan!! Yeah, that's right G fans.

Sorry to have to bring that up after all these years, after you've buried it into the deepest corners of your memory, but you'll recall... Godzilla f00king talks!! Like, WTF!!!! :slap :thud: :horror :gah:

And let's not forget that he could fly like a rocket in the Smog Monster movie too. :monkey1 :slap

b91d6d3252e712980651f662c3cc850f.gif

Back