Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more pictures I see, the more concerned I am of Biollante's slimness. But, any final product is still far away. So hopefully they get it nailed down to accurate size. She is a massive beast. It would be a shame for her not to be justly translated into figure form.

I thought X-Plus did a great job with her!

5940096576_c36a2b2718.jpg

biollante_004.jpg

Oh, the X-Plus is amazing. I just consider that a statue lol and hence most likely forever out of my price range. It's beautiful though.

By the way, what Godzilla statue is that posted with Biollante? Is that an X-Plus Godzilla '89?

By the way, what Godzilla statue is that posted with Biollante? Is that an X-Plus Godzilla '89?

Yes, X-Plus has released 3 '89 Godzillas, one standard 10", then a vs Biollante variant with blood effects and you could have Biollante's roots running through him like the fights. Now they're putting out a 12" '89. The clean 10" and 12" are really nice.

f8_41LB-vg9xKL.jpg

X-Plus_Godzilla_89__Image.jpg

pic_1.jpg

Had a surprise waiting in front of my door when I came home from school: the MonsterArts Ghidorah! I haven't checked Amazon in a few weeks, so I had no idea it was even supposed to show up.

Pros: great paint apps and sculpt. Visually, it's a fantastic figure and a great representation of '90s KG (which is actually my favorite version). Unfortunately, there are a few technical issues: the lightning system is very flimsy (I don't understand why they couldn't use the pegs again) so I'm not using it. The neck joints are also a little loose for my taste; some of them keep wanting to come off because the sockets are slightly too roomy. I just posed the thing and left it on the shelf. Not going to be touching this one too often.

No breakages and the wings seem fine (apart from being a little loose themselves), so I'm not bummed with my purchase. It's a gorgeous yet brittle (in nature) display piece, but that's all it is -- and it runs for $120+. If that's cool with you, then I'd recommend it. If not, it's totally understandable.

Looking forward to Destoroyah and of course Biollante! I imagine those will be heftier and more durable figures.

Back