Godfather 1:1 life size bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone think we will see any more pics or a "real" video of this before it ships. I'm confident it will look better than the SS pics when released, but it would be nice to get more info on it.

I'm confident it will look better than the SS pics when released, but it would be nice to get more info on it.

Mmmmmmm....doubt it....they commissioned the wrong painter and sculptor for this one. Which SS will soon find out, its been up for pre-order for months with an ES of only 300.....and its still only HALF sold out. The "in hand" pics will be even worse im predicting. But, I've been wrong before...

Chris

more pics !

2956_press01-001.jpg

2956_press02-001.jpg

2956_press04-001.jpg

2956_press03-001.jpg

oh god this thing sucks asss completely ! all of the godfather items that SS brought out were terrible !

Well I think it looks good, and will look damn good in person. The thing I think that is really throwing it off a bit is that it needs to have more defined laugh lines on the sides of his mouth, which may just be due to the lighting in the pictures. But where the hell is it?!! It doesn't seem like it's actually coming out this month, with no mention of it shipping or coming in the next 30 days in the newsletter. Months of silence and now just a mention in the newsletter pleading for people to preorder it. Maybe if they put up pics with better, natural lighting people would. Are they just waiting for more orders before they ship it??? What's the deal?!

I just don't see the likeness on this one...

Oh don't kid yourself, the likeness is there but horrible paint and a wrong choice of "pose" is what sets this thing off. Look closely at the eye and jaw detail, the likeness is there.

Still for that price and like the PF its a pass for me, I would have LOVED to have both pieces but the paint is a big issue for me.

Oh don't kid yourself, the likeness is there but horrible paint and a wrong choice of "pose" is what sets this thing off. Look closely at the eye and jaw detail, the likeness is there.

Still for that price and like the PF its a pass for me, I would have LOVED to have both pieces but the paint is a big issue for me.

It almost has a young Brando covered in wrinkles look... I can see some elements of him, but not as he appeared on film. But on the HT figure I see The Godfather w/o any trouble.

It isn't only the paint, I think the sculpt is of a too young Brando as well.

If it were just paint, I was debating just faux bronzing it; The Don is certainly worthy of the treatment - though with the clothing it may look a bit odd.

Mine came in. I will post photos in a few minutes. I was definitely skeptical since ordering it. I'm a life size bust collector and a big Godfather fan so I figured whens the next time we'll get something like this so I pulled the trigger and surprisingly.... I don't hate it. Actually looks better in person. Kind of like the Hellboy bust. Photos didn't do that thing justice. Don't get me wrong.... it's not perfect by any means... The eyes are the biggest problem. They're to "open" if that makes sense. The "bags" are not pronounced enough under the eyes. Although the paint could've helped that but...... it didn't happen. The paint is the only other issue (eyebrows and mustache) even though it's not as bad as the original photos. Anyways, pics are coming....

Just got mine too. Could it be better? Sure. Am I happy with it? Very! It really has to be seen in person to be fully appreciated. I agree that the eyes are a bit too "open" or big, which I think throws it off a little, but this piece looks much better in person than it does in the pics on the website. Pics in general won't do this piece justice, but here's a couple more:

IMG_5994.jpg

IMG_6018.jpg

Last edited:
Back