Godfather 1:1 life size bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I think the quality of the HT product makes this one even more of a head scratcher... I can understand that the photos are misleading, but damn if the photos look that bad add some natural lighting ones to offset the horrid looking ones.

Wow, first the Iron man 1:1 bust...now this. SS is seriously lowering their standards. They should change their company slogan to.... "Sideshow, ruining 1 iconic character at a time"

Chris

Whats wrong with the Ironman 1:1. I know there have been paint issues but that piece is awesome.

I totally agree Sideshow suffers in the paint department. But so do they in the sculpt department too. All of the figures I mentioned (PF Indy, Bond Moore, Alec Guiness Obi) etc have fantastic likenesses. IMO those liknesses are better than some of the Hot Toys figures I.E. Aaron Eckhart. But the Hot Toys look so much more realistic. The texturing of the skin and hair, etc.

Of course paint makes a huge difference too. HT gets the subtleties, like painting an eye in gloss and letting the reflections happen naturally while sideshows actually paints the white reflection on the pupils.

You look at the Moore Sideshow figure compared to a hot toys head. It looks a lot like him but it still looks like a Toy. Hot Toys is something else entirely!

And yeah, you take a 2 inch head vs an actual scale head... there is NO reason for the little one to look anywhere near better. Sideshow should actually let HT take over most of their sculpting and manufacturing and stick to licenses and distribution.

I was looking forward to this one but it looks like more like a wax figure to me. Maybe it's just the pics and lighting but for me, it's a pass.

just saw this one, dont know how I missed it but DAMN! I wish I never seen it. Can't believe how bad it looks. Especially with 2, count them, TWO godfathers at 1/6 scale (HT and EB) looking better than this 1/1. What is SSC doing? did the recession and all the economy hoopla force SSC to hire cheaper sculptors or what? What the hell is going on?

this piece does look poor and unfortunatly i do feel sideshow is slowly tarnishing their name ... but there is still a ton of great pieces on the upside :)

Any chance of different pictures... some of those moody ones you guys sometimes do? This just looks really washed out.

there are no new pictures i was just talking about how if you look at the HT close up of the head sculpt you'll see the same thing as our bust. I'm sure people will disagree because we have become (as elegantly worded in another thread) Blah........

there are no new pictures i was just talking about how if you look at the HT close up of the head sculpt you'll see the same thing as our bust. I'm sure people will disagree because we have become (as elegantly worded in another thread) Blah........

Don't listen to them... I think it looks great, and ordered the first night after the newsletter came out! They'll be singing a different tune once the in-hand pictures start coming out... or the edition size comes in small. :D

if you look at the HT Godfather really closely you'll see that it's very similar to the bust. I'm not kidding.......

godfather_comp.jpg

Thats a BAD paint Job. What a joke. I feel bad for the sculptor, it probably looks great under the crap paint job. SS needs to step it up. Their paints/Skin tone on humans have been aweful. Alot of their human figures come out like crap with their crap paint aps, it really needs to be addressed.

Godfather Lifesize Bust

What are you guys opinions about this piece?? the sculpt looks good but its tuff to judge until you have it right infront of you... Has anyone preordered or is anyone planning too?

Re: Godfather Lifesize Bust

Personally I like it but dislike the paint. It imo needs some serious work but the sculpts has likeness I can see.

I saw the pics and the video trailer of this bust and you got to admit that on the video with low light the bust looks so life like.
In bright light the bust look off :(

I showed my friend tony (a none sideshow collector but huge fan of the godfather) the bust and he was completly blown away by it.
He told me to preo him one.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

yes !! the Hot Toys figure is just amazing !!
I got that too on preo for him too.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

for me the godfather movies dont do a thing for me so ...

I guess is a matter of taste and being a huge fan of the series.

Back