God of War - Kratos Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From today's Ask Sideshow. Something we already knew, but at least it was addressed.

"The Kratos statue looks amazing but he is wielding the wrong blades. He is supposed to be wielding the “Blades of Exile” while wearing the boots of Hermes, but instead he is wielding the “Blades of Athena”. Just wanted to know if Sideshow was aware and if it will be fixed? It might be too late to change it, but I am curious as to why you chose Athena’s.

The decisions regarding Kratos’ choice of weaponry had more to do with aesthetics than anything else – and no changes are planned."

From today's Ask Sideshow. Something we already knew, but at least it was addressed.

"The Kratos statue looks amazing but he is wielding the wrong blades. He is supposed to be wielding the “Blades of Exile” while wearing the boots of Hermes, but instead he is wielding the “Blades of Athena”. Just wanted to know if Sideshow was aware and if it will be fixed? It might be too late to change it, but I am curious as to why you chose Athena’s.

The decisions regarding Kratos’ choice of weaponry had more to do with aesthetics than anything else – and no changes are planned."

DAMN, just because kratos isnt as well know and LOTR or star wars doesn't mean it doesn't deserve consistency in the timeline of the product.
I mean if they released a luke skywalker product in ROTJ clothes with ANH lighstaber hilt, they would so have to change it before release, but having kratos with accessories in a different order to which the character obtains them is just not important at all

I thought he was wearing the blades of who gives a ____? It looks awesome. :dunno

exactly.gif

Re: Sideshow has made a ridiculous error in the Kratos polystone statue...

The backstage pass specifically calls the blades as the blades of exile, the bloke must not have been in the production of the piece itself, this is more kratos from god of war 2 as he only has the blades of athena (these ones) in the beginning of the god of war 3.

BTW, just cos im new to this site doesn't mean i dont know my sh"t!
I did a search but with no mention of kratos on the first page, i assumed people had mentioned him in post about other topics or something. Cheers for the link :yess:

The blades of exile do look way better though, its a shame.

I like your style! :hi5:

The decisions regarding Kratos’ choice of weaponry had more to do with aesthetics than anything else – and no changes are planned. Also suck it fanboys."

:horror :horror :horror

On a serious note (since there are two threads about this) now that SSC has addressed the "inaccuracies" can we drop it? Speak with your dollars guys...just don't buy it. :huh Stick em' where it hurts, right? Oh and I am keeping my order. :monkey1

Like Deak said, they don't wanna produce a accurate piece. Don't buy it. I have a feeling that will change their minds like with some other pieces. Whats next, two eyed cyclops?

This is the first piece I've ever ordered directly from Sideshow and I'm getting excited now - When do you reckon I can expect the magic email saying my card's been charged etc.

^Sideshow usually sends a notification email 1 to 2 weeks before a package ships, to inform customers of the date when their credit card will be charged.

Just keep an eye out on your inbox!

Shipping Date Updates

We would like to announce changes in the anticipated shipping dates of the items below.

* God of Wars: Kratos Statue - #300002 & Ex. #3000021 Now January 2011

This is the 1st item I'm paying with flex pay from SS. I just got an email from SS that the 1st payment will be scheduled on 11/22. Not too far on getting this bad boy in hand. But with the holiday season just around the corner I don't mind the wait.

Back