God Of War III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the way several people feel (game reviewers), in that theres really nothing new to the gameplay, just mash away. But the graphics are better.

Played the E3 demo from PSN last night and it felt like I was playing the PS2 game again. Not overly impressed.

I felt the same way the first time I played it. However, if you pay attention there is a lot more detail in just about everything...especially the animations.

That's basically going to happen to any game that makes the jump from old console to new console. Look at Halo 3..same damn old controls, prettier can of paint. If your buying GOW 3 for something new to blow your mind then forget it. People are getting it because it's the end of the trilogy, because it looks bad ass, and they just want to brutally kill things.

One thing I didn't get at the end of the demo was why he was attacking the titan.

luckily i can't read french :D

It was in English and the reviewer put the bosses in bullet list, the last one is very suprising :(

I read all the bosses die violent horrible deaths, only a few slight descriptions.

One thing I didn't get at the end of the demo was why he was attacking the titan.

Because it's big and scary, and helped him defeat Helios. :monkey1

I was a huge GOW fan when the first two came out on PS2 but it's been so long that my passion has sort of died out. It's basically the same game new coat of paint. I'm not in any rush to purchase God of War 2.5 anytime soon.

newbie in joining the god of war games..just played through both 1 and 2(great games) and bought a PS3 just for god of war 3

newbie in joining the god of war games..just played through both 1 and 2(great games) and bought a PS3 just for god of war 3

Yup, same here. Although I played the first GoW ages ago and now have the GoW Collection coming to warm me up for part 3.

And I've started preparations to make a kick-ass 1/6 Kratos, with some help of Seb :naughty

Because it's big and scary, and helped him defeat Helios. :monkey1

I was a huge GOW fan when the first two came out on PS2 but it's been so long that my passion has sort of died out. It's basically the same game new coat of paint. I'm not in any rush to purchase God of War 2.5 anytime soon.

Well, the formula for the previous two God of War games, is what made the franchise a success. If the devs at Sony Santa Monica deviated from that original formula, by creating entirely new game play mechanics, then the fans would complain, and in essence, I believe that such a game, would be "God of War" in name only.

I mean, just look at the result of MGS 4. In my personal experience, most of the old MGS fans that I have spoken to, hate MGS 4 because of Kojima's decision to "westernize" the game (and I share their sentiments). Instead of being a true successor to stealth genre like its predecessors, MGS 4 felt (more often than not) like "Gears of War", or a straight-up action shooter like "Uncharted".

So, in my opinion, change is bad. When making games for a well-loved franchise, devs should stick the formula that has helped to make their games successful in the past. Yes, it's important to innovate here and there, but not to the extent of destroying the core elements which define a game (whether it be in game play mechanics, or storyline, for a particular game). The GOW III devs at Santa Monica understand this, and for that, I applaud them.

Anyways, only 15 more days left until the release date!!! WOOT! :chew I know how I'm going to spend my Spring Break! :D

Well, the formula for the previous two God of War games, is what made the franchise a success. If the devs at Sony Santa Monica deviated from that original formula, by creating entirely new game play mechanics, then the fans would complain, and in essence, I believe that such a game, would be "God of War" in name only.

I mean, just look at the result of MGS 4. In my personal experience, most of the old MGS fans that I have spoken to, hate MGS 4 because of Kojima's decision to "westernize" the game (and I share their sentiments). Instead of being a true successor to stealth genre like its predecessors, MGS 4 felt (more often than not) like "Gears of War", or a straight-up action shooter like "Uncharted".

So, in my opinion, change is bad. When making games for a well-loved franchise, devs should stick the formula that has helped to make their games successful in the past. Yes, it's important to innovate here and there, but not to the extent of destroying the core elements which define a game (whether it be in game play mechanics, or storyline, for a particular game). The GOW III devs at Santa Monica understand this, and for that, I applaud them.

Anyways, only 15 more days left until the release date!!! WOOT! :chew I know how I'm going to spend my Spring Break! :D

I'm a huge MGS fan and MGS4 was awesome...why? Because you could play it anyway you wanted, not set in one way or a single path. If you wanted to go all rambo you could, if you wanted to be stealthy you could...if you wanted to do both, and stay right in the middle you could. You would adapt to the game and the game would adapt to your play style. So it stayed true to the series core yet offer more branches on the tree so to speak.

I feel you can change elements to keep a game from feeling uninspired and stale and still stay true to the formula of what made it so successful in the first place.

Awesome battle with poseidon, but sh**ty what those guys were telling.
That´s a pc magazine, so thery´re not that fond of the games.
But what do those guys now.
They said that GoW were just partially a graphical "ahh-effect", but on ps3 everything is...
^^

this game has some of the most impressive graphics I have ever seen...looking forward to march 15th midnight

Another game to make us PS3 fans proud. Man it feels like Christmas again and again lately. Resistance Fall of Man 1 & 2, MGS4, Uncharted 1 and 2, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, Ratchet & Clank Future 1 & 2, Infamous, Heavy Rain, and now God of War 3.

And I'm only listing the cream of the crop here. So many good games we've had this console gen so far. So glad the "PS3 has no games" joke no longer has any weight. And if people are still using it, they must not own a PS3.

Back