God knows what's going on with Henry Cavill as Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the idea of turning a traditionally white superhero into a non-white superhero ...

"Ugh, why can't they just come up with something new?"

On the idea of creating a new non-white superhero ...

"Ugh, why do they keep forcing diversity down our throats?"

This matter encapsulates what is described as 'systemic racism'. It's not anything any certain person does or did, nor does it reflect any one person's beliefs. It's just that over generations, we've been 'programmed' to believe that the Caucasian male is the 'default' persona.
Oh lord. I dont give 2 ****s how many new black super heroes they make. I just get pissed when they take a traditionally white super hero and make him black BECAUSE of diversity.

They def don’t need to create new characters. Some characters are good with race swapping but some aren’t.

In fact most of these studios do it to create a buzz and it usually doesn’t end well. They don’t care about being diverse. There are plenty of black heroes and characters who can be race changed. It’s just a matter of how you do it.

Casting a black superman would be the final nail in the coffin for dc films. It has nothing to do with race, he isnt even human, but the color of his skin has never been "black" in the comics.. The character wont be clark kent, he won't be superman he will be hancock or i guess steel but he isnt clark kent lol.... Why not make captain america black or thor, or every mythological or historical figure black.. Next jfk movie should star denzel washington.. or maybe they should cast Johnny Depp to play Martin Luther King

Studios will do whatever they want to do, but I do find changing a famous character's ethnicity silly and unnecessary.

In my ever so humble opinion, it actually cheapens and undermines what it is trying to achieve, namely to give an ethnic or racial group an example to emulate.
To me it actually sounds like "oh, we couldn't come up with a hero for you to look up to, so we just used this one"...

Either you have a hero whose heroic aspects are universal, things that everybody -despite race or religion- can look up to; or you have a tailor-made one designed to inspire and entertain a certain target group.
In either case, changing an established character defeats the purpose.

So, no, no black, brown, latino, asian, gay, transgender or whatever Superman.
Superman is a caucasian-looking alien brought up with a very specific set of values in the Midwestern USA.

If you want to do an else-worlds story, fine. Red Son is a great example of that, albeit with the same race.

Studios will do whatever they want to do, but I do find changing a famous character's ethnicity silly and unnecessary.

In my ever so humble opinion, it actually cheapens and undermines what it is trying to achieve, namely to give an ethnic or racial group an example to emulate.
To me it actually sounds like "oh, we couldn't come up with a hero for you to look up to, so we just used this one"....

Nailed it.

So, no, no black, brown, latino, asian, gay, transgender or whatever Superman.
Superman is a caucasian-looking alien brought up with a very specific set of values in the Midwestern USA..

Well, Latinos can be caucasian, so it wouldn't be a problem. We already had an Asian Superman, Dean Cain in Lois and Clark. :lol. But I see your point. He should look like the cartoon, regardless of who plays the character.

Anyways, I want Nick Cage as the next Sups. He'd be very entertaining to watch.

They already had the perfect superman with Cavill, but since warner bro is obviously ran by a bunch of idiots, the only other logical choice is this dude Giacomo Gianniotti - IMDb https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5521198/ .. Whether he can act or not is another question, and not for me to decide, but if Cavill is indeed off the table he (definitely looks the part) should be next in line for a call...No other big name star fits the role as well as Cavill, ya Mathew "Boner" is alright but he isn't really a big name and is already a bit old for the part-- anything they do from here on out will fill forced so they better take their time with casting and proceed with caution

:lol I liked HC in the role but I won't be too upset if they part ways. Although I enjoyed MoS its re-watchability is lacking, BvS was a dud and JL was enjoyable but not great either.

HC was much better in MI and Man from CASTLE and I'm looking forward to him in Witcher. He'd be a good Bond replacement too.

They already had the perfect superman with Cavill, but since warner bro is obviously ran by a bunch of idiots, the only other logical choice is this dude Giacomo Gianniotti - IMDb https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5521198/ .. Whether he can act or not is another question, and not for me to decide, but if Cavill is indeed off the table he (definitely looks the part) should be next in line for a call...No other big name star fits the role as well as Cavill, ya Mathew "Boner" is alright but he isn't really a big name and is already a bit old for the part-- anything they do from here on out will fill forced so they better take their time with casting and proceed with caution

The perfect Superman happened in 1978

Yeah I like Cavill and all but he was NOT the perfect Superman at all at least as written anyways.

I mean sure he looks GREAT but was written POORLY.

So yeah 78 was the perfect Superman.

Don’t get me started on Pa Kent lol

Pa Kent should never be allowed to answer the suicide hot line or the should I save the kids from drowning hot line.

Oh man.

Things Pa Kent is not allowed to do. :lol

Pa Kent’s Tornado Warning Siren Installation:

Our motto: Tornados, our sirens are built to ignore it!

Pa Kent’s Dog Grooming:

Our motto: Got a wet dog, we got drying tornados!

Pa Kent’s School Bus Company:

Our motto: Say goodbye like it’s the last time!

Pa Kent’s Moutain Climbing Tour Guide:

Our motto: We climb, we talk gibberish!

Back