God knows what's going on with Henry Cavill as Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not what I said but you do you.

Then give a straight answer to a simple question, because your response isn’t what I asked.

You either don’t have an issue with changing the race of characters regardless of how they were traditionally written, or you do. But yes, you go ahead and do you indeed, and keep being infatuated with the melanin component of people’s skin.

Then give a straight answer to a simple question.

You either don’t have an issue with changing the race of characters regardless of how they were traditionally written, or you do. But yes, you go ahead and do you indeed, and keep being infatuated with the melanin component of people’s skin.

I did give a straight answer, it's a couple of posts above you but dont fret ,white actors still make up 99% of Hollywood actors and actresses.

I did give a straight answer, it's a couple of posts above you but dont fret ,white actors still make up 99% of Hollywood actors and actresses.

So by your definition that means Superman should be black? :rotfl

So by your definition that means Superman should be black? :rotfl

No I said superman can be any color(including what we call "black", it doesnt bother me). Despite insinuating otherwise I'm not hung up on melanin. But if it makes people feel better a black superman will probably be val zod not kal el

No, you didn’t. The question I asked didn’t require a grey area. Superman being an alien is irrelevant. Black Panther is traditionally black. Superman is traditionally white. Or a white “alien” I should say. Hulk is traditionally green. You rattled off a long list of characters, a lot of them being minor characters, where you said it’s an issue that the races were changed because the character is traditionally black.

I already stated earlier that I’m against changing the race of a prominent character that is antithetical to what race that character was originally written as and intended to be.

How about you?

white actors still make up 99% of Hollywood actors and actresses.

Wait, Hollywood is one of the most (if not the most) liberal, left leaning places out there. So what are you implying? That they’re now racist? That’d be ironic, because in your endless search for new victims, you’re turning on them.

No, you didn’t. The question I asked didn’t require a grey area. Superman being an alien is irrelevant. Black Panther is traditionally black. Superman is traditionally white. Or a white “alien” I should say. Hulk is traditionally green. You rattled off a long list of characters, a lot of them being minor characters, where you said it’s an issue that the races were changed because the character is traditionally black.

I already stated earlier that I’m against changing the race of a prominent character that is antithetical to what race that character was originally written as and intended to be.

How about you?

Wait, Hollywood is one of the most (if not the most) liberal, left leaning places out there. So what are you implying? That they’re now racist? That’d be ironic.

It is kinda a grey area though. Some characters are tied to a race/ culture, others aren't so I cant give an across the board yes or no. Batman can be black, Black Panther must be black, him being from an African country with no outside contact or colonization.

It is kinda a grey area though. Some characters are tied to a race/ culture, others aren't so I cant give an across the board yes or no. Batman can be black, Black Panther must be black, him being from an African country with no outside contact or colonization.

So your reason for changing Superman is because he’s an alien. Batman, who is human and coincidentally, another traditionally white character, you’re also totally cool with changing his traditional race. Hands off Black Panther though, he definitely needs to stay black because he’s from Africa.

So there’s no white people in Africa? What’s with you and the stereotypes?

How about Falcon? You good with changing his race?

Dont fall 4 the race bs debate superman is white always will be. Next batgirls changed to whatever is political oppressed lol. F dc right now 4 trolling fans to gage Cavills popularity with Affleck 4 pay raises. They get soo overpaid its stupid. Superman shouldnt be greedy he should be honored to even play Superman imo. I hope they fire him and bring back Brandon Routh 4 role so much more heart imo then Cavill ,but that will never happen because it would be great. Dc keep trying to reinvent instead sticking to a already great libary of storys to work from. Anyway Cavil will still be CK and all this is just gaging direction in fandom from everyone trashing justice league.

Peace all u want a black bad a$$ its cyborg or greenlantern or blue beetle or batwing etc... List go'$ on lol..Dont let internet bs troll your fandom n passion of comics. Again Peace out.

There is already a black superman and his name is STEEL, baby!But I would like to see MBJ Superman just for the meltdown from all sides of the issue and the total box office flop that would follow. Fantastic poo, anyone?

There is already a black superman and his name is STEEL, baby!But I would like to see MBJ Superman just for the meltdown from all sides of the issue and the total box office flop that would follow. Fantastic poo, anyone?

NO Superman Shaq :slap:lol lol from earth 32 it was lame in the 90s when they tried it in the comic's,rebooting Superman into bunch of different version's.
Its bad enough Jamie Fox gets to trash another superhero after Electro now Spawn from his subpar acting.
Just for laughs...:lol

To DC exec's

:lol

Last edited:
The next Superman should be an Inuit. Hollyweird would be racist to hire anyone other than an Inuit to be Superman.

Black Batman like black Bruce Wayne? And have a butler? I don't think Batman can be black, and hey, they already got Batwing so don't change Batman maybe?

Black Batman like black Bruce Wayne? And have a butler? I don't think Batman can be black, and hey, they already got Batwing so don't change Batman maybe?

there's a couple of black billionaires floating around(Alfred in the DCEU was more tactical support than answering doors)

On the idea of turning a traditionally white superhero into a non-white superhero ...

"Ugh, why can't they just come up with something new?"

On the idea of creating a new non-white superhero ...

"Ugh, why do they keep forcing diversity down our throats?"

This matter encapsulates what is described as 'systemic racism'. It's not anything any certain person does or did, nor does it reflect any one person's beliefs. It's just that over generations, we've been 'programmed' to believe that the Caucasian male is the 'default' persona.

Back