Go See Serenity!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked Serenity as well, but not enough to pick up the boxed set. Maybe in the future.

I adored Serenity, and I had never seen Firefly. I do plan to pick up the dvd set of the TV series as soon as I can. Serenity's left my local theaters, but if it comes to my dollar theater, I may go again and take someone with me whom I know will like it.

Fritz said:
I liked Serenity as well, but not enough to pick up the boxed set. Maybe in the future.

If you are under the impression that Serenity is superior to the show... I can understand this sentiment. But, honestly, Serenity - as good as it is - doesn't even hold a candle to to Firefly.

If you liked Serenity at all, you'll love Firefly. Also, I'm not just trying to get you to see the show because it will help make a sequel. It won't, not directly anyway, because Fox and not Universal receive all of the money. I'm trying to get you to watch it because I'm sure you'll love it ;).

If you don't want to fork out for the set... rent it. You'll be glad you did :).

Yeah, it really is fantastic. At the very least just make sure you give the first episode the patience it deserves - it's a great episode but admittedly it takes a while to warm up. It's a little off-putting on first viewing, but causes no dramas on later ones.

In my personal opinion, Firefly's half season is right alongside the first three seasons of Buffy.

I love all of Joss' works, but I 'merely' enjoyed Angel and the later Buffy seasons, rather than being as jaw-droppingly amazed as I am with Firefly and early Buffy. Later Buffy is still great compared to other shows though, but just not in comparison its own earlier years. I'm talking about the seasons on the whole, though - there are still some amazing individuals gems throughout.

Haha... sorry for seemingly going off on a tangent, but I just wanted to convey in what esteem I hold Firefly.

Last edited:
Back