Glee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched the Madonna episode, was better than the previous one for sure, but i'm not really a Madonna fan at all so it was still a bit meh. :eek:

I'm not a huge Madonna fan myself, but still loved it. This week's episode was much more of a downer and more emotional than just about any previous episode.

Although Kurt annoys me, I sympathize with his character. I'm my dad's only son, and I'm gay. He and I have very little in common. This is something that has bothered me my whole life. He's athletic and into sports, I'm artistic and into the arts. He tried so hard to introduce me to sports as a child, but I was never interested. It really breaks my heart that I know I'm not living up to my dad's expectations, although he'd never admit that. I mean, my first word was "ball" because he repeated it to me every day and gave me a stuffed football. There's some irony in that somewhere... :monkey1

Fortunately, one of my younger sisters is more athletic than me and my other sister combined, and plays soccer and gymnastics. That makes me feel a bit better, because at least my dad has one child who is athletic and is into the things he enjoys.

I guess I'm lucky, though. Kurt doesn't even have the benefit of other siblings that might be more into his dad's interests.

No disrespect to those who watch Glee, but ...

I watched this a week or two ago (because I have a lovely and gracious wife for whom I will suffer immensely) ... and, I've gotta say, it is the worst television show I've ever seen. Its like the worst parts of Beverly Hills 90210 ... but with cheesy melodramatic singing! An awesome mixture of boredom, eye-rolling, and disgust.

I'd rather watch Avatar -- twice (didn't care for Avatar, in case you didn't know that). Is there a Paradise Hotel marathon on somewhere? What about the new Kirstie Alley "I'm fat" reality show ... can we watch that instead? Ruby -- how about Ruby? Is there a Lifetime movie on?

Holy moly.

jimmy-the-tulip-tudeski_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

"I would hate it more than mayonnaise, and you know how much I hate mayonnaise."

If you like it ... good luck and godspeed. Have a blast. I'm hoping the lovely and gracious Mrs. SnakeDoctor loses interest (though, because she's a music teacher, I think that's unlikely).

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

I watched this a week or two ago (because I have a lovely and gracious wife for whom I will suffer immensely) ... and, I've gotta say, it is the worst television show I've ever seen. Its like the worst parts of Beverly Hills 90210 ... but with cheesy melodramatic singing! An awesome mixture of boredom, eye-rolling, and disgust.

I'd rather watch Avatar -- twice (didn't care for Avatar, in case you didn't know that). Is there a Paradise Hotel marathon on somewhere? What about the new Kirstie Alley "I'm fat" reality show ... can we watch that instead? Ruby -- how about Ruby? Is there a Lifetime movie on?

Holy moly.

"I would hate it more than mayonnaise, and you know how much I hate mayonnaise."

If you like it ... good luck and godspeed. Have a blast. I'm hoping the lovely and gracious Mrs. SnakeDoctor loses interest (though, because she's a music teacher, I think that's unlikely).

SnakeDoc

Thanks for posting - now get the ____ out of the thread. Jeez. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's great that Mercedes and Kurt got more screen time and solos - but this episode was pretty boring. Was that like 4 ballads? Yawn. And what a waste of Chenoweth too. Yes, it was a more serious and downer episode but it needed at least one upbeat number to balance out the depression.

Sorry. Ever hate something so much you just have to tell someone about it?

Carry on.

SnakeDoc

i didn't mind the themes of the latest episode, but most of the songs I had never heard before...that usually makes the episode a little boring for me.

i didn't mind the themes of the latest episode, but most of the songs I had never heard before...that usually makes the episode a little boring for me.

Yeah, a couple of the songs in the last episode I didn't recognize either. That always dampens the effect they have on me.

I got suckered into watching this show and I have to say that I really like it. Madonna episode was great but the last episode was kind of blah. Next weeks looks fun though.

I didn't like how at the end of the episode Sue looked like she actually felt bad. I hope that doesn't last long.

You know how in LOTR Gollum actually feels bad for a second and then Sam and Frodo allow Faramir to nab him and he's all back to being Gollum again?

Yeah...

Sue needs to come back next episode and embrace the fact that she's an awesome no holds barred _____ and revel in it!

I watched this a week or two ago (because I have a lovely and gracious wife for whom I will suffer immensely) ... and, I've gotta say, it is the worst television show I've ever seen. Its like the worst parts of Beverly Hills 90210 ... but with cheesy melodramatic singing! An awesome mixture of boredom, eye-rolling, and disgust...
Sorry guys, but I gotta agree with SnakeDoc here. Especially since Caedus watches this.

*Runs like hell* :D

Last edited:

Holy moly.

SnakeDoc

Sorry guys, but I gotta agree with SnakeDoc here. Especially since Caedus watches this.

*Runs like hell* :D

2009-05-26_223513_ForumBanStick.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it depends on where your interests lie. I really enjoy music and theater, and seeing how they mix popular music into a storyline is a treat for me. Oh, yes, the stories are someone typical and the characters stereotypes, but it's the music that makes it for me.

I didn't like when they gave Sue a mentally challenged sister giving her some sympathetic traits. It seemed to be wildly out of character for her.

But I can see Sue embracing the diversity and going way overboard with it and it backfiring in her face.

I didn't like when they gave Sue a mentally challenged sister giving her some sympathetic traits. It seemed to be wildly out of character for her.

But I can see Sue embracing the diversity and going way overboard with it and it backfiring in her face.

Actually I always thought it kinda made sense. Sue can't stand failure and treats everyone as if they arent as perfect as they could be. Given Sues inate personality, that "no excuses" attitude could easily stem from her sister. In other words, Sue can't stand "normal" people making excuses for not giving it thier all, when her sister is truly limited by her very nature. Not only that, but Sue may feel an obligation to BE perfect for her sister. If only to live up to her sister's child like adoration.

Remember..in the end Sue paid for the ramp renovations to the school. Which I don't think indicates sympathy or kindness, but rather respect to those that have limitations but make no excuses. It's possible that those are the only people she actually respects, because they have to work harder then anyone else just to rise up to the level of what we consider normal.

With all the ridiculous reality shows, serious drama, cop shows, lawyer shows, and ridiculous crap that's going on in the world I personally think Glee is just the right amount of levity. Makes me laugh cause, and Sue Sylvester is bloody genius

I think you have to watch Glee going in with a certain frame of mind. It's not meant to be overly serious and "dramatic". Its a light hearted show that presents a fun take on serious issues. It literally makes FUN of the teenage angst that has over run movies and TV these days.

Also, each character is SUPPOSED to be a stereotype to the extreme. The student's all represent a different character trait that you find in high schools, but with that character trait amplified well above all others.

It really is a smart show!

Great episode last night... a million times better than last week. I never thought "Can't touch this" went out of style though. :)

I have enjoyed a ton of movie musicals, but I can't get into this show. I just want to slap/choke so many of the characters.

I tried to watch it again last night with my wife and gave up. (It probably didn't help that she turned it on seconds after Lost ended, and I just wasn't in the mood for singing and dancing after this week's episode.)

Back