Glee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I don't like the direction they are taking for Quinn's character. She very much is being played like an afterthought even though her character's mistake sleeping with Puck would essentially have the capability to really screw the Glee club. Its like the writers can't decide whether to have her be a villain, a tragic character or a buddy to the Glee club already.

Last night's episode was great but Ken and Terri have quickly become obstacles instead of actual participating major characters as they started out to be.

this show has heroes and villians? I thought it was a comedy? :lol seriously, the mean characters are the best characters, if theres one character that should be kept down and killed off its the glee coach, he's only funny in the sense that he's so clueless about everything.

Every comedy has protagionists and antagonists. Usually whomever is in opposition of the main characters or the likable characters is the textbook villain. This is another geek comedy so the popular kids and jocks are the ones. As for Will, his storyline seems to be the only one holding any weight as the Rachel/Finn/Quinn triangle is stalling and the rest of the kids really have no direction....even Kurt's gay storyline seems to have resolved itself.

This show's humor is probably 75% based on outrageously unreal "negative" scenarios and thats triggered by the likes of the cheerleading coach, the pedophile music teacher, Chenowerths character, and the wife. This isn't like Seinfeld where the humor comes from the "good guys" and Newman is there to spoil the fun. The good guys are for the most part the straights. If it focused to much on them you'd have more drama and less comedy.

I watched this sow for about 5 min once. That was all it took to figure out it's possibly the gayest show ever made :lol

Jane Lynch was in rare form the last couple of episodes, she is such an exaggeration its almost painful. :lol

I'm glad they finally got Quinn out of her ^^^^ing cheerleader uniform, she went everywhere in it even the doctors and you gotta love either the writer's sense of humor or the writer's uninterest that a 10 week ultrasound would show a baby's gender when the average size of a fetus is 1.2 in, .14 oz and the genitals aren't fully formed until 20 weeks. :rolleyes:

I still like the show but its getting a bit stale...they need to really pick it up a bit over the next few episodes to really get it going again, I'm getting bored of the storylines in stall position.

Joss directing is great - although I wish he was writing too.

Guess he figures he'll have some free time when the back nine for Dollhouse rolls around. :rolleyes:

I'm not a big fan of the whole "baby" subplots, especially since it's getting so over the top with blackmailing the Ob/gyn.

The interesting thing about the baby subplot is that its changing the initial reception of the characters. Will started the show as smart, earnest wanting to do right. He is being portrayed as a buffoon as of late not being able to figure out his wife's hidden pregnancy? He never touches her or sees her in the shower? He goes to the OBGYN and none of that sent off red flags? The fact that she knew it was a boy so early in the pregnancy? Terri as well went from being ruthless and power hungry, getting what she wanted in powerful ways in the first couple of episodes to a dumb as a doornail wife who is now letting her sister guide their plan.

The Glee members' storylines are progressiung interestingly while the adults are beginning to seriously fizzle out.

I'm not a big fan of the whole "baby" subplots, especially since it's getting so over the top with blackmailing the Ob/gyn.

Me too. I really thought the blackmail part was ridiculous.

The Glee members' storylines are progressiung interestingly while the adults are beginning to seriously fizzle out.

All of the adults seem to be caricatures. I know they want humor in this show, but come on!

Just got done watching the first 7 eps and am loving what I am seeing so far. Show clearly is not designed to be taken too seriously, so I am enjoying it for what it is!

I liked this episode, although they don't seem to know what to do with Puck - he and Rachel getting together seemed a huge stretch.

But 4 numbers in the first half hour - loving that, but then none the rest of the show.

I enjoy musicals more often than not, but I can't get into this show. My wife watches it faithfully each week after "So You Think You Can Dance", but I can't get into the teenage lip synching.

I love Jane Lynch, though, and if she's in a scene then I will tend to stand there for a minute as I'm walking through the room--or at least walk much slower.

The lipsynching does get a bit annoying at times. Schu didn't even make much effort during his rap song this week. And the guy can dance, but I'm wondering if he can sing at all. He's had 2 numbers so far and they've both been rap songs.

The lipsynching does get a bit annoying at times. Schu didn't even make much effort during his rap song this week. And the guy can dance, but I'm wondering if he can sing at all. He's had 2 numbers so far and they've both been rap songs.

Will is a weird guy. Not on my favorites list.

I can't stand the the entire baby plot. It's kind of made it too much into a soap opera. Everything else though is great. Fun, entertaining and their renditions of the songs they sing are great! I just hope we get over this baby thing soon. And I just hope Quinn Fabray sticks around.

Yeah he can sing, I think he got his big break through Broadway.

Some of the "lip singing" issues would be less noticeable if the editing was better. I've helped edit UCF student films and there are ways to make such things less noticeable. All the characters sing their own songs, they just record them as well and the recorded version is what is heard on TV.

Yeah he can sing, I think he got his big break through Broadway.

Some of the "lip singing" issues would be less noticeable if the editing was better. I've helped edit UCF student films and there are ways to make such things less noticeable. All the characters sing their own songs, they just record them as well and the recorded version is what is heard on TV.

I forgot Will had that song that was cut from the pilot - he is a good singer. I do wish they made more effort with the synching though. It's great that they all do their own singing, but if it looks like someone else doing it, what's the point?

Back