Give Iron Man 1:1 an ES!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem is that everyone already let them know how awesome this bust is. Most people will probably buy it regardless because as much as we complain we know of the precedent with the endo skulls and other SWS stuff: there is no set edition size but they are more limited than 1500 Scout Trooper PFs.

It's a funny contrast when you think about it. People had a choice to cancel their Scout PF orders based on the ES. In the case of the IM bust, you don't have a choice. You either jump in early (and probably pays to buy direct to have a better chance for a replacement in case of damage) or you miss out on a possible Sideshow grail.

I think this is a supreme looking piece, and you make some very valid points for not canceling. It just kinda stinks not knowing. SS is an awesome company and obviously listens to the customer most if not nearly all of the time. I just would like to know since the price tag is much higher than I usually spend.

SS can't win. If they announce that it's a low ES you ***** and complain because flippers jump all over it. If they don't announce an ES immediately you ***** and complain because............ well I'm not really sure why. I guess because you're a tool. Why should it matter if we know the ES of this piece so soon after it's announced? We'll get an ES in a few weeks and then you'll have several months to decide if you want to keep it or not. That's the great thing about SS's cancellation policy, it doesn't cost you a damn thing. So stop being a whiny little ***** and STFU!

SS can't win. If they announce that it's a low ES you ***** and complain because flippers jump all over it. If they don't announce an ES immediately you ***** and complain because............ well I'm not really sure why. I guess because you're a tool. Why should it matter if we know the ES of this piece so soon after it's announced? We'll get an ES in a few weeks and then you'll have several months to decide if you want to keep it or not. That's the great thing about SS's cancellation policy, it doesn't cost you a damn thing. So stop being a whiny little ***** and STFU!

have you even read any of this thread? :confused: Were upset cause the EDTION SIZE IS OPEN ENDED!!!

i just hope that i have enough funds by the time this thing start shipping out. I'm not too worried about the edition size, but I know some are.

If the ES is open ended, then I'll cancel and get one cheaper from a retailer or on ebay.
I'm sure alot of other people will do that same. That will make SS loose $$.

:confused: Looks like there's only one tool in this thread.

Last edited:

The ES is Open Ended, but still...

This post is legendary.

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

Not having a set edition could be beneficial if done correctly
Once ore-orders are closed, busts made in waves so if they are hit with loads of cancellations then they can make the edition size smaller than the original pre-orders & not be left with loads of spares

Wasn't the endo bust shipped/made in waves?

This can't be a SWS issue, the T-800 bust (Arnie) has a set ES.

:confused:

Dude, stop embarrassing your self and read the first post of this thread or at least the newsletter.

The ES is open!

What the hell is wrong with you??? I know you guys wanna make money and SWS aren't cheap either. But you sure know how to **** things up! Why can't you number this bad boy? Oh yeah, it's all about the money!

****ING disappointing SS, and yes ALL your collectors thought it was very LAME of you to do so!

But I guess you don't give a flying **** about it! :rolleyes:

Thx for hitting us below the belt!

And where exactly in your post does it say that this is an OPEN ES :confused:

I haven't had a chance to read the newsletter yet as I've barely been home since Wednesday night.

I stand by my initial comments but will apologize because I was not fully informed of the open ES. There seems to be an unusual amount of *****ing and moaning on this board and it's just getting really frustrating.

If people are only in this hobby as an investment, it might be time to rethink your collecting habits. Same thing is frustrating with the Speederbike PF. Many people love it but were going to cancel because of a 'high' ES. I know I play the ES game as well sometimes in deciding WHEN to get a figure, but never IF I'll get a figure. I would love for this to be an extremely high ES so I can hopefully pick one up on the cheap later. How many they produce of this, be it 100 or 1000, won't change the fact that it's a kick ass bust and will make a nice addition to anyone's collection.

This can't be a SWS issue, the T-800 bust (Arnie) has a set ES.

:confused:

Im not sure whats up.
But both T-800 busts (now sold out) had open ES's, as did the 1:1 full Endoskeleton, as did the TX Head, and Im almost positive the 1:1 Endo Arm was open ended for awhile ... took the Ironman before people got outraged about it though...

all of the made-to-order pieces are obviously open ES's. Robby Robot, Cylon, R2D2, C3PO....

Its probably just a business decision due to the price. THey're suspecting they wont get flooded with orders initially so they hold it open for those who may be able to afford it a little later.. Esp since they know people have been hammered with product this year already... :monkey1

How many they produce of this, be it 100 or 1000, won't change the fact that it's a kick ass bust and will make a nice addition to anyone's collection.

thats how I try to view every purchase I make. I dont normally buy just to flip, so I take a sec and imagine they make 5000 of everything and do I still want it if they were making that many...

He has near all the pre-order items listed, even though they're still for sale at SS site, heh. Not to mention they're still months away from shipping. Just Amazing.

How many they produce of this, be it 100 or 1000, won't change the fact that it's a kick ass bust and will make a nice addition to anyone's collection.

very true.

Back