Give Iron Man 1:1 an ES!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have that much problems with the edition size open.

But they should give us the number of pieces they made after selling out.

I really like to know how many T-800 Endoskulls they made or how many Moria Orc Archers and Swordsmen !

I don't have that much problems with the edition size open.

But they should give us the number of pieces they made after selling out.

I really like to know how many T-800 Endoskulls they made or how many Moria Orc Archers and Swordsmen !

I'm pretty sure the endoskulls are still being made. Maybe not the chrome version, but almost positive the battle-damaged version will see more pieces. I managed to score one from Corner Store Comics. They're listed as shipping soon in the second wave, but it looks like it just shipped.

I would prefer an ES but then again I have one pre-ordered.:D plus I dont think I'll ever sell this bust so its no big deal to me.

So I take it by the lack of any type of response SS just wants to ignore this subject....*sighs*....:monkey2

So I take it by the lack of any type of response SS just wants to ignore this subject....*sighs*....:monkey2

It's not ignoring per se, it's a 'we aren't gonna change it' ;) You can bet that it won't be available FOREVER, but this Iron Man life-size bust replica will not have a set edition size/number, just as the life-size Terminator Endoskeleton and Endo bust replicas don't, as well as the JAWS maquette replica, the Seed of Chucky life-size replica, etc :duff

Last edited:
It's not ignoring per se, it's a 'we aren't gonna change it' ;) You can bet that it won't be available FOREVER, but this Iron Man life-size bust replica will not have a set edition size/number, just as the Terminator Endo bust replicas don't, as well as the JAWS maquette replica, the Seed of Chucky life-size replica, etc :duff

Could you tell us why SS does that for some items and not for others? Dont get me wrong its a great looking item but i'd hate to buy it then see it selling for half the price on the secondary market. Oh and could you tell the folks over in the packing department that we'll pass on a battle damaged version in favor of the clean version we ordered.....I kid I kid :monkey3

Oh and could you tell the folks over in the packing department that we'll pass on a battle damaged version in favor of the clean version we ordered.....I kid I kid :monkey3

:rotfl:rotfl That's just messed up man. The truth, but messed up.

And Dusty, what was the decision to make a piece like this with an open ES. I would figure that this kind of item would see a limited ES big time. Is it so that everyone will be able to enjoy it, or is there some other reason??

I am not privy to exact the reasoning behind edition size decisions, but I would assume it's because it's so awesome that both Sideshow and Stan Winston Studio (and probably Marvel too) want everyone who desires one to be able to get it :chew

Think of it as 'Inclusive' with a REALLY long ordering window ;)

And believe me when I say it's REALLY awesome, I drool everytime I walk by the prototype :drool

Thanks for the answers Dusty. Lets hope the ordering window doesnt last up to the release of the movie like i'm thinking it will. :monkey2

... they did it just to get everybody's underoo's in a wad ... :monkey1

Here's what it comes down to with this one: Simply put, if you like it, order it. It's totally worth it for lovers of the character and film to have it staring at them from their shelves (or being used as a nightlight :lol).

Honestly, if you are a 'scalper' or 'flipper' or only want to buy it because you think you'll be able to sell it after it ships or after the film is released for 5 times the price, you may want to skip this one. It will be available for the foreseeable future, just as the Endo 1:1 scale replica and other, similar prop replicas that have no set edition size, although not FOREVER :duff

Here's what it comes down to with this one: Simply put, if you like it, order it. It's totally worth it for lovers of the character and film to have it staring at them from their shelves (or being used as a nightlight :lol).

Honestly, if you are a 'scalper' or 'flipper' or only want to buy it because you think you'll be able to sell it after it ships or after the film is released for 5 times the price, you may want to skip this one. It will be available for the foreseeable future, just as the Endo 1:1 scale replica and other, similar prop replicas that have no set edition size, although not FOREVER :duff

amen sister :chew

i think this is going to be a great bust to own and i cant wait to have it in my room the only thing i ask if you could number it because i like knowing i was the xx number that placed the order

Well said. :)

Honestly what if your just a collector that wants to see a item you paid high dollar for just hold its value?:confused: But thanks for labeling us scalpers anyway.....I'll be getting mine(and hope its value doesnt crash) but i'll get it through a AD points arent worth it on this one, i'll take the price break instead.

Interesting explanation to rationalize wanting to take full advantage of the movie hype.

2 more points and then I'm done, spent, out:

1) I seriously doubt a lack of edition size is going to lower the value tremendously on this one. Have you seen this auction: https://cgi.ebay.com/New-TERMINATOR...ryZ50283QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ? That item has no edition size either. And - if I can say it again without sounding too much like a broken record - the Iron Man bust is AWESOME :rock

2) It's not a rationalization. We honestly would like as many Iron Man fans as possible to get one AT RETAIL (and giving 700 Rewards points in the process), without having to resort to secondary market prices. So, let's make sure I have the reasoning straight: WE aren't supposed to take advantage of the popularity of the film, selling at retail price to people who want it while its available, but people who want to sell it for beaucoup bucks on the secondary market after the movie is released CAN, without censure from the collectors? :confused:

That is all, the choice is now yours :duff

P.S. Cloud, your footer :rocks!

Last edited:
Back