Give Iron Man 1:1 an ES!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geto10

Super Freak
Reaction score
What the hell is wrong with you??? I know you guys wanna make money and SWS aren't cheap either. But you sure know how to **** things up! Why can't you number this bad boy? Oh yeah, it's all about the money!

****ING disappointing SS, and yes ALL your collectors thought it was very LAME of you to do so!

But I guess you don't give a flying **** about it! :rolleyes:

Thx for hitting us below the belt!

To not have a edition size for such a nice high end collectible is a a huge let down....

SWS 1:1 iron man bust :chew

SS open editon size(lets milk as much cash out of this as we can) :emperor

i think ss tries to be the best but when it comes down to it, it's all about the money. after all, they are in the business of selling collectibles. some things they do, like great giveaways and contests, bonus points, great customer service all should be noted as above and beyond for any company. but it's impossible to hit the mark every time. not every person or company can be 'bullseye'. he never misses. :D i really feel that this particular im bust really should demand an es for the pricetag. anything else would be wrong. WRONG I TELL YA! :lol

I wish someone would clarify this, but doesnt this have to do with this being a Stan Winston thing?
A lot of the Terminator stuff was the same way..... :monkey1

i hope that the edition size should be high so I can get them cheaper on ebay

The statue forum guys have invade this forum or what.Who cares about ES.

If an ES isn't posted before shipping, I will most likely cancel. Way too much money to spend not knowing.

I wouldn't get carried away like this. It's a great piece and that comes first.

I brought this whole ES thing before in the IM thread and hope that SS takes notice. The $700 price sure makes you feel like demanding an ES rather than asking for it nicely so I see where this is coming from. I am right there with you. I guess the SWS pieces have that nice "escape clause" to leave an open ES. I will say this though: once they are sold out you are screwed. Some people didn't get replacements for their damaged chrome Endo skulls.

i agree.....with the 700.00 price tag it should have a limited edition.....i have no doubt that this piece will be as awesome as other sws pieces. i collect the 1:1 scale busts which are very expensive, but knowing that each piece is limited and will atleast hold its value or increase in value makes it easier to spend that much money. :D

The statue forum guys have invade this forum or what.Who cares about ES.

i think the only people that care about es are the people that don't have unlimited funds. we people that do have a bottomless checkbook are able to free spend and don't worry if the value is worth the price. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: i mean just yesterday, the mercedes dealer actually had only one 08 cl class model in a weak snow pea color. i told him $100,000 doesn't go as far as it used to and we both laughed. so i bought it and he gave it to me at only 10% above retail. i figured why shop around, while i was already here and i was hungry for wolfgang puck's and late for my 1pm massage and manicure. i love being pampered. :lol

Last edited:
i hope that the edition size should be high so I can get them cheaper on ebay

That's what I thought about the endoskulls. So much for that approach. lol. Battle damaged ones are still retail, if you can even find one. Chrome is even higher, and that's in spite of all the ones that got messed up in shipping.

Has anyone started an organized petition with this? One of those online signature things might get something done. I would think if we could get a 1000 signatures, that'd be a significant number of consumers that might sway the approach.

The problem is that everyone already let them know how awesome this bust is. Most people will probably buy it regardless because as much as we complain we know of the precedent with the endo skulls and other SWS stuff: there is no set edition size but they are more limited than 1500 Scout Trooper PFs.

It's a funny contrast when you think about it. People had a choice to cancel their Scout PF orders based on the ES. In the case of the IM bust, you don't have a choice. You either jump in early (and probably pays to buy direct to have a better chance for a replacement in case of damage) or you miss out on a possible Sideshow grail.

Back