GIMLI Customs...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blue vs. green box you mean. Same figs but on collectable site I believe the grn box goes for more.

Would you guys mind sharing the name of that ebayer, by any chance? I'd really like to pick up one more DiD Gimli if possible, to make a weathered, battle-worn version. Thanks for your help! :cool:

Here
I'm not sure if they have anymore left...

Is this ToyBiz FOTR Gimli exactly the same as the ROTK one? Seems that way, but I couldn't find any confirmation.

Same figure, but nowadays you could find one for under 20.00 I think...

Same seller for me-lucky find. Good luck in finding these-keep looking and try weird search titles.

To anyone who has both TB AND DiD Gimli -- which headsculpt looks best (repaint aside)?

I've heard that the ToyBiz is the better sculpt, although it's on the small side relative to Sideshow figures.

Here's my take based on the photos I've seen: ToyBiz looks to have a better face sculpt, but the beard looks a bit short. The DiD has a great beard, but the face is rather simple (plain) and the helmet is sculpted on.

Anyone out there want to give their two cents on this?

Tb hs all the way. It is a little smaller than the SS hobbits but not with the helmet on. The DID looks kind of flat. My combe will be TB hs, DID clothes and Dml chain mail for arms and tunic.

I put 'chain mail' sleeves on my Boromir and he looks so much better also put on leather boots.

Tb hs all the way. It is a little smaller than the SS hobbits but not with the helmet on. The DID looks kind of flat. My combe will be TB hs, DID clothes and Dml chain mail for arms and tunic.

Little confused here - which Toybiz version? the ROTK
special edition collector series one?

We need a checklist for the best cobbled Gimli!

I agree.

I think dwing's plan is what I'm doing:

ToyBiz sculpt
DiD clothing and body
dml chainmail

But I have to get it all in hand to see. For example, I might like the ToyBiz boots or gauntlets better than the DiD ones.

So who's pic is this on the right? I need that chainmail.

Sizecompare.jpg

Here's an older post worth reposting:

IMG_0431-1.JPG

IMG_0429-1.JPG

IMG_0427-1.JPG

Now it needs weathering! (Hints, please, oh weathering masters!)

This is the DiD figure with the boots and gauntlets added from the ToyBiz figure and with scratchbuilt throwing axes added to match the great set of all his other axes included with the DiD figure. I have repainted the helmet, face and beard and added the little top piece of the helmet from the ToyBiz figure that DiD inexplicably left off.

This will have to do until the Sideshow 1:6 is out (hint, hint!!!)

Steve

I noticed some people were looking for a Gimli Toybiz. I have one in storage (opened) and willing to sell mega cheap. I'll post in the commerce section.

Not really, it's fabric so it looks more like sequined clothing. The Timeline chain-mail looks much better!

Anyone have a decent picture of the Timeline chainmail? Is it rubber like Dragon's Olaf the Viking or a fabric type material?

Back