Gijoe 1/6 line revival alliance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abazou

Super Freak
Reaction score
To those who love the line and are pissed off that sideshow pulled the plug before we got a lot of the essential gijoe and cobra characters. (Scarlet, spirit, shipwreck, tomax xamot, slice, dice, dreadnocks, lady jay, etc etc etc)

I was thinking why don't we unite and make the missing characters.
For example we vote on 6 joe/cobra characters and the top vote gets made 1st.

I am talking multiple copies of the same character for all the people who order and pay a downpayment.

Like who's the best costume creator on the forum (for example spider rogue)
Who's the best sculptors
The best customizing expert (who's going to recommend the body to be used, and the accessories to be bought, and where to buy them)
These guys will decide the production of the figure. And will be getting down payments when needed to make our dream characters join their ss brothers.

Think such alliance is doable? Or a stupid dream?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

to buy customs from people,we're looking at $600-$1200 a figure....I am not sure I could swing that (maybe one)

Its a cool idea,but I don't think too many would get on board

An interesting idea if the logistics can be worked out. We've seen folks on the board help each other bash Joe figures together (Slaughter, Road Pig). To Teemu's point, I certainly don't think we need to be looking at figures that cost that much. But it will depend on who is doing the tailoring, what kind of body you use, who is painting them or if they're just unpainted casts, and the kinds and number of newly created sculpts you may want (head, boots, accessories?).

Be nice if you could get Mando and spiderrogue on board here, with King Darkness and Evilface (maybe Elvis1976?) on as consultants. I would be interested in Xamot and Tomax.

Twins, scrap iron and Dr
Mind bender are top of my list

Ok lets make a list and start voting then :)

I dont think the figures will be expensive tho, cause everyone will be contributing into making them.

How about we start suggesting names and we see if they r up to it.

For costumes spiderrogue (anyone else?)

For head sculpts i dont know anyone, who do u guys recommend.

For the body and accessories recommendations i know evilface is very good at it (got any other names?)

Lets revive the line guys :)

Making the Twin heads shouldn't be too hard. Just find a head you like and buy two and add the hair. Here are mine been working on them forever.

659b611575d7a5f3b2361981b24c8da0_zps8diyaoks.jpg

bd66aedcf049f6191f107ab417c77706_zpsiabvmbqn.jpg

Those heads look good for the Crimson Twins Svant. Great expression on the faces. You chose well. As far as this goes it's really hard to pick just one of any headsculpt to with since there are a few great sculptors on here. Starduster is just one of them. He's cranking them out fastest though. But even with SS not everyone was happy with every sculpt, body, clothes or even the accessories they came with. It's really just a matter of preference or what you envision that character as. Not saying this won't work but even with donated materials depending on demand this still could get expensive considering the amount of time and materials needed to donate. Good paint($5). fabric(varies) and bodies($30+ depending on type) is just the base. Resin, sculpting and casting supplies are another plus the more realistic weapons and such get pricey for their size depending on where you get them. My Roadblock was the cheapest custom I've done. Only because I was low on cash and got creative when I was trying to find the base I originally wanted and saw the one I ended up with. $10 vs $30. Easy choice. He came to around $40 total because of the shirt and weapons being the most. I would love to see it done though if it can be for reasonable prices. I'd be in for some twins.

I love the idea of this and agree if more people support it the cheaper it should be

On the subject of head sculpts and painting is it not easier to use already existing sculpts for ease of matching skin tones etc painting skin and eyes takes serious skills and would cost generic facely figs are easy to match and paint helmets etc
Just my thoughts but I m in

I love the idea of this and agree if more people support it the cheaper it should be

On the subject of head sculpts and painting is it not easier to use already existing sculpts for ease of matching skin tones etc painting skin and eyes takes serious skills and would cost generic facely figs are easy to match and paint helmets etc
Just my thoughts but I m in

Well i don't think we will need to have all characters to be sculpted, thats where the pro consultants come in :)

Good ideas.

Too bad I'm getting out of collecting dolls. Selling the collection is gonna be fun......

Everything is a lie today :)
Trust no one
This thread is real tho :)

Back