Giger : 1/6 Masterpiece Series – A Dark Star’s World [ H.R.G MASTERPIECE 1979 ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The body proportions are really weird on that figure.
Tiger did have a tummy even back when he was working on Alien.

View attachment 314489

Yeah, got the impression they may have swapped out a cheaper body for actual production. It just isn't capable of matching the poses from promo photos. His arm joints especially, won't accommodate. And that mid section fat suit doesn't allow for much of a stomach crunch.

He looks damn good with the jacket. Was hoping to recreate the pic of Giger walking with the Xeno skull under his arm. Unfortunately the skull, though well made and detailed is a heavy solid resin. Can't support it.

That leaves the egg. It is a very lightweight plastic. Could possibly have him holding it in his arms as in numerous photos from the web. Gave it a shot. He held it without falling over, but looked awkward.

The airbrush hose in no way connects to the tank or brush. Diameter of the supplied cable is too small.

The likeness of the artist is very good. And with the jacket on, as he comes packaged in the box, he looks great. He even stands on his own.

Maybe with a little finesse I'll be able to work out some of the issues that come with the production. I'm happy with purchase.

The boxes are pretty nice too.

The figure looks great although its not something that I'd really be interested in for my collection. I particularly like the egg design though and picked up one on e-bay. It would look great with my alien warrior 2.0 once painted.

The figure looks great although its not something that I'd really be interested in for my collection. I particularly like the egg design though and picked up one on e-bay. It would look great with my alien warrior 2.0 once painted.

Interesting, they've part and parceled the figure already.

Mine is in customs... and as they forgot to ship the egg and the head, both packages are stuck in customs. :-( ...I'll end up paying double.

I received mine a couple of days ago. I have the same issues with posing. The pants are just a bit too short but with the flip flops on look more like its natural. The neck is the real bummer though because you cannot tilt his head down at all so it never looks like he is looking at what he is painting while seated.

I was coming on here to ask if anyone figured out how to attach the hose to the tank/airbrush. It is a way too flexible thin wire in a plastic sleeve. One air brush it seems it should fit at the back end, the other from the center bottom but the little cupped end of the hose is solid so it cannot slip over anything and the other end is too big to fit in the rubbery nozzle thing on the tank. Really frustrating. He also does not hold the paint brush too well so I keep finding it laying around.

The chair and egg and tank are all cool (the bottom of the tank fell off on mine but slides back in easily... you could use it as a stash or something). The Alien head as someone above mentioned weighs a ton, and I can't get it to do anything. I was trying to get it to sit upright between his legs while he worked on it but it will not stay. I wish it had the clear dome over the face or was just more accurate but still really cool if only he could manipulate it.

All that being said, the face sculpt and paint job are great and he looks cool in his trench coat.

WTF is up with the "bendy" hands?... they don't bend at all and don't hold a pose even if you get a digit to move at all.

Still waiting for the box with the egg and head, so this is not my final set up. But I like how he's standing there in the back behind his creations.
The figure is great apart from a few issues. Like the eyes on mine are way off... glad I can easily fix that myself.
dc8eb4c565cde8654ed8daea86893274.jpg

69c7592d434f6e8e136cfa80eaedac16.jpg

df05e63648ca7b257a291d50a851546c.jpg

Still waiting for the box with the egg and head, so this is not my final set up. But I like how he's standing there in the back behind his creations.
The figure is great apart from a few issues. Like the eyes on mine are way off... glad I can easily fix that myself.

Glad you finally got him. Shame about the eyes. Thought these were painted by hand. Good to see you can fix the problem. The eyes on mine look to the right. Lucky they both do, I suppose. You glued the hoses in place on the tank and brush? I've yet to get that issue fixed.
Going to copy your set up, looks good.

Sorry about your eye... Giger did have an asymmetrical stare which my figure represents but yours is pretty messed up.

How did you affix the hose and is it permanent? If so, which airbrush did you go with?

I used the airbrush with the pointy bit. It goes into the rubber end of the hose, but had to be fixed with a bit of glue to stay in. The other end of the hose goes into the rubber tube on the tank. The hole in the tube needs to be widened a bit with a needle, but when you get the hose in it stays without glue.

Those pictures look great - where did you get that John Hurt head sclupt? Looks great!

Wow! It is truly great work! I just got Kane and wish I had one. Do you have any for sale?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

That's a one off unfortunately as it's not a cast. I removed the features of the original head and sculpted Kane on top of it. So the hood is the original.

Lovely figure, the headsculpt is on point! The body is a letdown though, very cheap. I might try swapping out with a Truetype or an Enterbay Bruce Lee (as I have seen someone do already). Shame because the headsculpt and accessories are very nice (I got the egg and Alien head - both very nicely made. The head is very weighty!). Hopefully I'll get some more pics up later. I'm surprised at how few people seem to be interested in this piece.

17426344_10158895936145497_1251213900427757239_n.jpg

Lovely figure, the headsculpt is on point! The body is a letdown though, very cheap. I might try swapping out with a Truetype or an Enterbay Bruce Lee (as I have seen someone do already). Shame because the headsculpt and accessories are very nice (I got the egg and Alien head - both very nicely made. The head is very weighty!). Hopefully I'll get some more pics up later. I'm surprised at how few people seem to be interested in this piece.

View attachment 334141

Yes, it's a lovely figure! Great picture there!
313434bcfdf52f21874bd1aa0bd7d246.jpg

Back