GI Joe custom contest at the One-Sixth Xpo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doktor Von Evil

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I posted pictures from the 1/6 Xpo show this weekend in the general section but I thought I would make a post of the GI Joe figures in the contest as well. Some really cool entries, some I recognized from here:

xpo2011131.jpg

xpo2011120.jpg

xpo2011104.jpg

xpo2011094.jpg

xpo2011093.jpg

that is super weak sauce if someone entered someone elses work into a contest (unless they were doing it as proxy FOR the creator).

that is super weak sauce if someone entered someone elses work into a contest (unless they were doing it as proxy FOR the creator).

:lecture That's right Mr. McD!

Well those are figure I sold.

The zartan was different though, the buyers made some changes.
I like my version better. lol

IMG_6028.jpg

So do I Seb, those camo pants work more with the look of Zartan. :duff

Yeah i understand the body switch, althoug I liked the belly parts more on the old muscle body.
THe royce body give him strange proportions.
And that purple pants :-(

If they changed the figure significantly I think its a little bit ok that they enter the item in a contest.

I always thought entering a contest should be based on your own merit.

Should have just been there as an exhibit and not an entry to a contest, but I digress, not a criminal offense or anything.

Yeah, I understand the switch to the Royce/Wolverine bod, but curious why they went with purple. :lol

Cold Slither? :dunno

Yeah i understand the body switch, althoug I liked the belly parts more on the old muscle body.
THe royce body give him strange proportions.
And that purple pants :-(

That is a piss poor way to pawn of a custom as your own. Meaning switching the body out like that with fancy purple pants.

Back