GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's my understanding of how insurance claims via USPS work. Now if he'd shipped by UPS, his instructions would make more sense, but since he didn't, I think he's trying to scam ya. :monkey1

Agreed. He would need my cooperation to file an insurance claim, i.e. I file, he keeps my money as long as P.O. honors claim. So the insurance excuse is likely a lie, no insurance after all. He's likely just an inexperienced seller that's trying to pass along some damaged goods and once he realized it would not fly, now he just wants it back and is trying not to get stuck with the shipping charges.
He needs to come to terms with reality, which is agree to pay for shipping, or else I am just going to keep his figure and file A-Z stating that we could not reach an agreement, and he'll lose the money AND the figure. That's an unsavory victory, not one I would choose, but I will take that road vs. paying shipping fees on this stinky deal. Maybe he'll think twice next time about using an envelope to ship something to a Joe fan...:wink1:

Agreed. He would need my cooperation to file an insurance claim, i.e. I file, he keeps my money as long as P.O. honors claim. So the insurance excuse is likely a lie, no insurance after all. He's likely just an inexperienced seller that's trying to pass along some damaged goods and once he realized it would not fly, now he just wants it back and is trying not to get stuck with the shipping charges.
He needs to come to terms with reality, which is agree to pay for shipping, or else I am just going to keep his figure and file A-Z stating that we could not reach an agreement, and he'll lose the money AND the figure. That's an unsavory victory, not one I would choose, but I will take that road vs. paying shipping fees on this stinky deal. Maybe he'll think twice next time about using an envelope to ship something to a Joe fan...:wink1:

Wouldn't matter anyway. USPS would still pay you, not him. I'd just file a claim and get the refund. Then, I'd find the cheapest method and send the figure back to him ($2 via parcel? :lol) with delivery confirmation. Leave feedback that he tried to **** you over on this figure and that should sting him. Personally, I couldn't keep both if I got the refund, but if you've got no problem keeping both, more power to ya.

Wouldn't matter anyway. USPS would still pay you, not him. I'd just file a claim and get the refund. Then, I'd find the cheapest method and send the figure back to him ($2 via parcel? :lol) with delivery confirmation. Leave feedback that he tried to **** you over on this figure and that should sting him. Personally, I couldn't keep both if I got the refund, but if you've got no problem keeping both, more power to ya.

That's about where I'm at. Never done it before even though it's been an option, but if it's me losing $2.00 or him losing $150, I'm leaning towards his loss since he is has been so shady. Not to mention it will prevent him from doing the same thing to someone else since he has already relisted it, anticipating that he will get it back in a few days. Oh, and definately going to ding his rep when it's done, need to specifically warn about Footloose to give them an idea of what he's trying to pull!:slap

My son wants some more GI Joes for Christmas, but I can't find them in ANY stores. I checked Walmart & Target and there is nothing; there were a few Renegades at Toys R Us, but that is it. Are they even sold anymore?

Hoping to avoid the eBay route.

My son wants some more GI Joes for Christmas, but I can't find them in ANY stores. I checked Walmart & Target and there is nothing; there were a few Renegades at Toys R Us, but that is it. Are they even sold anymore?

Hoping to avoid the eBay route.

Not really, eBay is your best bet.

Don't go to ebay first.

Try bigbadtoystore.com
smalljoes.com
Kokomo Toys

There are still 25th, Rise of Cobra, Pursuit of Cobra, 30th, and Retaliation figures out there.

There is a hiatus of product right now because the movie date was pushed back from June 2012 to March 2013.

Also check your local Walgreens and Price Choppers, as many still have figures.

Every Dollar General in my area just restocked their "exclusives" n the last couple weeks. Not that theres a lot to choose from, but its something.

I checked the Big Lots near us and nothing. There is a Dollar General in Colton and a Walgreens right next to my work, so I will check there tomorrow.

There is a great boxed set at SmallJoes, but I gotta get clearance from the wife first because we already bought him a $100 Lego Ninjago set. I won two Alley Vipers off eBay earlier today, so I may make a WTB thread and try and trade one.

Thanks for the leads folks!

Really? My Wallgreens are sharing that last POC wave before they went 30th Anni. w/ Hawk, CC, and Trooper and Viper in it.

Really? My Wallgreens are sharing that last POC wave before they went 30th Anni. w/ Hawk, CC, and Trooper and Viper in it.
I live in Southern California and collectors usually clean the shelves pretty quick and I am pretty sure flippers know what gets the good stuff in stock. Other than checking Walmart, Target, and Toys R' Us, I don't know much about 3 3/4 scale. I just started looking, but there are a lot of Walgreens in my area so I will check them.

Wait, WAIT,,,, did they start restocking them, because they have been missing from shelves for months now......... whats going on??? DO i need to run to all the walgreens, cvs, and riteaids today?

Wait, WAIT,,,, did they start restocking them, because they have been missing from shelves for months now......... whats going on??? DO i need to run to all the walgreens, cvs, and riteaids today?

I hit three Walgreens and two Rite-Aids on the way home from work today and here is what I saw:
  1. Walgreens 1: Bird Zartan x 1, Jungle BAT x1
  2. Walgreens 2: Ice Destro x1, Samurai Snake Eyes? x1
  3. Walgreens 3: Blowtorch x1, Jungle Bat x1, Hawk x1
  4. Rite-Aid: Rise of Cobra Viper x1 and Ripcord x1
  5. Rite-Aid 2: Rise of Cobra Viper x2
I picked up the Hawk at Walgreens...I figure I can trade him or give him to my son if I don't find any other figures that I think he would like. /shrug.

Lucky you!!!, I went out and couldn't find anything, I would have bought the jungle bats had I seen some.

That's about where I'm at. Never done it before even though it's been an option, but if it's me losing $2.00 or him losing $150, I'm leaning towards his loss since he is has been so shady. Not to mention it will prevent him from doing the same thing to someone else since he has already relisted it, anticipating that he will get it back in a few days. Oh, and definately going to ding his rep when it's done, need to specifically warn about Footloose to give them an idea of what he's trying to pull!:slap

Haven't been paying attention to this thread lately... how did this go?

I hope you got the refund AND kept the Footloose. Doesn't hurt to have an opener. :)

corey's an a-hole, wouldn't buy from there if he had the best prices around

Why do you say that?

I haven't dealt with Smalljoes in a while... I remember extremely long shipping times (not due to the post - the stuff must have been sitting there for a while before getting sent) and some badly packaged risers that resulted in damage... but I ended up getting my money back for those. I don't remember him being an a-hole, though...

I used to deal with SJ's, but horrible service, and a bad transaction that pissed me off, he would rather run off customers than help them out. No problem though after them I went to BBTS and have NEVER had a problem yet, great service, better prices, better products, better condition (I ordered the first few waves of the 25th ann with SJ's and the condition was really bad) plus the pile of loot option is awesome, saved a ton on shipping

Back